Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2008, 08:57 PM   #141
Bus Geek

Re: Jacuzzi Bus IV

I appreciate the suggestions but i'm way over budget. Like 30% over budget, so spending more $$ isn't really an option right now.

i relisted the bus for a 1 week auction with lowered buy it now and prominent "low reserve price"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...228805111&rd=1

we'll see what happens this time around.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #142
Almost There

I hope this last hour works out better than the last auction.

Good Luck to ya!
behappystupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:59 PM   #143
Almost There

Year: 1987
Coachwork: blue bird
Chassis: Conventional
Engine: Gas
Rated Cap: 66

Just now for the first time looked at all of your you tube videos... you do hell-a work!
bigballsbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:18 PM   #144
Bus Geek

thanks! apparently nobody on ebay thinks so....the auction just ended and the bus didn't sell for the 2nd time in a row. I think i'm gonna try my hand at a little under the table limo-service.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:12 AM   #145
Skoolie

Best of luck. You never know, the limo thing might just take off and go like gangbusters. And the great part about it is you still have a helluva nice bus.
reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:28 AM   #146
Almost There

Just my two cents, if your going to try to sell it again on ebay or if you are going to do a limo service, i think that a more "party-like" exterior would be key. Don't get me wrong what you have looks very nice, but the people who are going to be investing $34,000 aren't going to be your weekend drivers, they are going to be a limo service most likely and needing a head turning exterior, because that is their billboard if you will... I could be wrong, i don't know. but i like to try to help.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:30 PM   #147
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve

I was surprised you didn't do your typical black and flame paint job on it.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:59 PM   #148
Almost There

we were throwing this idea around but out of our college budget... may be something you are interested in though (not sure if it is even practical), but some blacklights on the bottom of the bus pointed up along the sides enclosed with plexy glass (spell?) and sealed up real tight then paint designs maybe a flame or two with that blacklight paint you were talking about
Old 03-25-2008, 08:37 AM   #149
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapeer20m
thanks! apparently nobody on ebay thinks so....the auction just ended and the bus didn't sell for the 2nd time in a row. I think i'm gonna try my hand at a little under the table limo-service.
Start your own adult web-site and call it "Bang-Jacuzzi-Bus", pick up a bunch of girls and make them do some interesting stuff in front of your camera then, after it gained some popularity, put the bus back on ebay.
Andreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #150
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 International diesel
Rated Cap: 60

I agree on the paint job thing. I know you're over budget, but if you're going to sell it, or if you're going to do the party bus thing, it's going to need a paint job! Also, I don't know what the laws up there are like, but here in Oklahoma, vehicle laws are pretty relaxed. We don't have inspections or anything. However, they just cracked down on a bunch of party buses around here. I think there was only one of them that was legal, safe and legit. To do it here, you'd need a business license, CDL, strict inspections, and VERY expensive insurance if you can even get it. Don't forget about all of the idiots you'd be hauling around that are drunk and don't care if they are tearing up your bus or puking, urinating, or worse in it. It doesn't have a bathroom either! One thing about drunk idiots, is that they will find somewhere to go. Just my advice.
https://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...DSC02426-1.jpg
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:20 AM   #151
Bus Nut

Is there much of a market in your neck of the woods for a party bus? I can't imagine that there's a whole lotta folks around there with a ton of money burning a hole in their pockets.

I really think paint is the answer. Your last bus brought way more than you could have hoped for and it had a kick ass paint job.

Painting is expensive.....when you need to hire someone. You obviously don't have to.

Paint that sucker up. Do some party work, for money, if possible. Take lots of videos of the parties and post them on you tube. Then list it.

If you do decide to do some commercial limo work with it, I suggest you look into leasing it to an existing limo company. They already have the insurance and permits. They know the business and maybe if it goes well enough, they might buy it from you.

One other thing. Your girlfriend is cute and all, but, on your next ebay posting, use the pic of the brunette with the big cans!!!!
pete c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #152
Bus Geek

One thing i noticed when i drove the old bus(s) around, people would stare at me all the time. With the new bus, nobody looks twice. I have to wait for it to warm up a bit, then i think i'll go ahead and paint this bus...how does black with flames sound? original eh?

someone mentioned that i should pant the flames with UV paint. I've thought about this in the past also. It's latex, which is really a drag, not really meant for exterior automotive purposes. However, if i cover it in automotive clearcoat it should be just fine assuming two things:
1. the latex paint plays nicely with the automotive clearcoat..
2. the clearcoat doesn't block UV light. It's possible that blocking UV light is exactly how automotive clearcoat protects the paint from fading.

I have some uv pant left over, and some clearcoat, i think an experiment is in order.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #153
Almost There

Quote:
I have some uv pant left over, and some clearcoat, i think an experiment is in order.
That was I that asked about that, let me know how it turns out!
Old 03-31-2008, 06:10 PM   #154
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 International diesel
Rated Cap: 60

The UV paint would be cool and all, but I seriously doubt it would help it sell any better to be honest. Then, you'd have the problem of lighting all of the paint without lights that stick way out. I'd just do the usual black with flames! It is a pretty kick ass paint scheme!
https://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...DSC02426-1.jpg
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:24 PM   #155
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC10Chief
The UV paint would be cool and all, but I seriously doubt it would help it sell any better to be honest. Then, you'd have the problem of lighting all of the paint without lights that stick way out. I'd just do the usual black with flames! It is a pretty kick ass paint scheme!
i agree...the concept is cool, but in practice would be a bit of a pain. perhaps i'll save that idea for my next burningman bus.

i'm not getting my hopes up, but someone called about the bus today. turns out he's a very wealthy resident in my small town. he wants to take a look at it this week. i'm not sure what he wants exactly....when we started the phone conversation he was looking for a bus he can use to haul his harleys, but after he was finished listening to me tell him this is not a good bus for that he seemed more convinced than ever that he needs to come check it out....and he wanted to know if the price was negotiable. he apparently has never seen a bus with a jacuzzi inside before.

he also mentioned that he has a bus he bought and never converted.....if he doesn't buy mine, perhaps i can talk him into letting us customize his bus into a toy hauler.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:47 PM   #156
Almost There

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 5.9l Diesel Cummins
Rated Cap: 20

Good luck with it.

Photo's of my bus build
Billsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:07 AM   #157
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84

Quote:
...he also mentioned that he has a bus he bought and never converted.....if he doesn't buy mine, perhaps i can talk him into letting us customize his bus into a toy hauler.
There you go! Your Jacuzzi Bus is a rolling advertisement for your custom converting service!

But I agree with the others about the paint. Our thinking tends to be that the buyer will want to design his own paint job, but that's not how "normal" people think. Most people do not have our zany type of imagination, and they prefer to buy stuff that is already all-done-thinking-about.

There is a famous story about the "Ninja" style motorcycles when those first came out. Supposedly, many customers (or potensial customers) are supposed to have said that what attracted them to these bikes was the "paint job". Well... the actual paint was nothing special, so this comment caused considerable puzzlement. And it turned out, they didn't really mean the paint at all, but the overall styling of the bike. The "look".

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:45 PM   #158
Bus Geek

with no planning at all, i decided this afternoon was the day to start the painting process. I almost hated to paint her, since the white paint was so nice and shiny....

only worked a few hours on it, but removed or masked almost all of the lights, and most of the windows. She's ready to get lightly sanded, primed, and painted. My girlfriend helped too

i have to work saturday and sunday, so it'll be early next week before i get a chance to work on it some more, but should definitely be finished this week assuming the weather cooperates. I think there is quite a bit less bus to paint than my old skoolies. The windows and doors take up a lot of real estate.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:22 PM   #159
Bus Crazy

Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350

here we go another paint job! thanks for sharing
timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:12 AM   #160
Almost There

what are you doing for paint? the regular?