Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2017, 07:56 AM   #1
Almost There

New Brand of Coach Temsa

I saw one of these driving today. Never heard of it before. I googled it and it's a Turkish bus started importing to the US in 2014. Looks a lot like a VanHool. It was a TS45 model that I saw. I'm guessing it's a 45' bus.
Attached Thumbnails
L-TemsaTS45.jpg  

superduty_59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:00 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 8.3 Cummins ISC
Rated Cap: 75
My company has several of them, mostly the smaller single axle models. They're nice but lots of proprietary electronic systems on them that can only be diagnosed at the dealers.
WIbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #3
Almost There

I guess that makes them a lot more money and costs the bus owners more money. It should be open source. I wonder what power trains these buses have?
Old 07-12-2017, 03:27 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
im seeing alot of these on the road in florida.. they must be built with power as they are running 75-80 on the freeway
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 03:55 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 8.3 Cummins ISC
Rated Cap: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
im seeing alot of these on the road in florida.. they must be built with power as they are running 75-80 on the freeway
-Christopher
Ours have the newer EPA-compliant version of the Cummins 8.3, I forget what they call it now. They'll scoot down the highway pretty good despite all the DEF and EGR crap that chokes up the engine.

I have a 2016 Bluebird All American FE I drive every day for a route bus. THat thing is a slow pig compared to the older 5.9 24V buses we had years ago.
WIbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:01 PM   #6
Bus Geek

our school board president lives next door and he says the new busses give them tons of trouble (and hot water for the budget)... they have about 15 bluebird shorties that are late 90s / early 00 that the community is giving them fits to get rid of because of no A/C but they keep running and running... they said theyd likely have to buy 2 extra busses to replace those 15 just because all of them are on specialized routes and they cant be without one.. sad at how that kills budgets.. the new stuff is bogged down and unreliable
-Christopher
Old 07-13-2017, 09:40 AM   #7
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
our school board president lives next door and he says the new busses give them tons of trouble (and hot water for the budget)... they have about 15 bluebird shorties that are late 90s / early 00 that the community is giving them fits to get rid of because of no A/C but they keep running and running... they said theyd likely have to buy 2 extra busses to replace those 15 just because all of them are on specialized routes and they cant be without one.. sad at how that kills budgets.. the new stuff is bogged down and unreliable
-Christopher
My company services the generators at Fort Hayes. Whenever I'm out there I am amazed by the sea of school busses there.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:52 AM   #8
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty_59 View Post
My company services the generators at Fort Hayes. Whenever I'm out there I am amazed by the sea of school busses there.

I think my bneighbor said the fleet is over 500 busses.. I know when they fired first student in 2013 they went and bought like 300 brand new IC busses .. they have their iown service shop. but i guess for emissions stuff their software isnt capable so they have to go to rush truck center over on the west side.. I buy some parts there and I think anytime im over there I see 10-15 or more newer IC busses of Columbus city in the lot..

that said I believe they bought maxxforce instead of cummins engines in those to be cheap...

-Christopher