Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2016, 02:31 PM   #1

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Ford B800
Engine: Cummins 5.9
1995 Ford B800 Brake Line Issue

Hi All,

This is in reference to a 1995 Ford B800 with a Carpenter Body (5.9 cummins, Girling brake system)

I recently had a hard line rust out, so I'm beginning to work on replacing all of them, but I've run into a weird fitting on the line so I wanted to check in with you all to see if you had any experience or suggestions. I have the parts manuals at home, so here's the diagram of the lines I'm talking about:

In my situation we blew out a portion of a callout 2C009 line along the frame rail, right around where the B highlight is. The fitting I can't ID is highlighted there, *2265. After a lot of digging around I found the part number in the manual, which took me to a Ford catalog specifying #21 on this chart:

I don't know what it is, but it's definitely a bulkhead fitting and it looks like a big hex bolt with a line coming straight out of it, no room for any kind of normal screw fitting or anything like that.

Here's the only other thread I've been able to find on the subject, but I have to say: I'm not particularly comfortable brazing brake lines, I didn't even know that was done. Anyone have any ideas on the best way to preceed?

JankyBarge is offline   Reply With Quote