Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-27-2023, 12:46 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Florida Panhandle
Posts: 49
2000 International/ DT-466 Not Starting (see video)

Help!

Just tried to start up my bus and it wonít start. I started it up about a month ago and it had similar trouble starting but eventually kicked in and ran for a few hours. Now it wonít start at all. See video here.

Any ideas?

Beeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 01:03 PM   #2
Bus Crazy
 
ewo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Central Tx.
Posts: 1,780
Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb2 View Post
Help!

Just tried to start up my bus and it wonít start. I started it up about a month ago and it had similar trouble starting but eventually kicked in and ran for a few hours. Now it wonít start at all. See video here.

Any ideas?
Batteries are DEAD !

Recharge 24 hours or replace with new.
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 01:07 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Florida Panhandle
Posts: 49
The batteries were replaced just a couple months ago and are left completely disconnected when the bus is not in use. The symptoms in the video I linked to also donít seem to match dead batteries. Iíve had the batteries die before, and thatís not what it sounds like.
Beeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 01:26 PM   #4
Bus Geek
 
Jolly Roger bus 223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Swansboro,NC
Posts: 2,957
Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
check battery voltage and clean the cables.
see if it will start by jumping the start solenoid.
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 02:52 PM   #5
Bus Crazy
 
ewo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Central Tx.
Posts: 1,780
Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb2 View Post
The batteries were replaced just a couple months ago and are left completely disconnected when the bus is not in use. The symptoms in the video I linked to also donít seem to match dead batteries. Iíve had the batteries die before, and thatís not what it sounds like.
Go to this thread and read post #3 for some good detailed info on disconnected batteries..
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f49/2...tml#post497232
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 03:27 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Florida Panhandle
Posts: 49
Thank you all! I checked battery voltage with my multimeter and it looked fine, but the connections were in fact very dirty. I cleaned them all up real good and tried again and the bus started up easy on the first try, just as beautiful as ever. Thank you all! This place never fails.
Beeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 03:35 PM   #7
Bus Crazy
 
ewo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Central Tx.
Posts: 1,780
Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb2 View Post
Thank you all! I checked battery voltage with my multimeter and it looked fine, but the connections were in fact very dirty. I cleaned them all up real good and tried again and the bus started up easy on the first try, just as beautiful as ever. Thank you all! This place never fails.
Great news...Now go get ready for that nice little rainstorm heading your way!
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 05:47 PM   #8
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Central Kentucky
Posts: 305
Coachwork: Busless for now
Glad it was so easy!

Now listen to this: If you don't start the bus regularly, you MUST hook up a charger/maintainer! If you have shore power, plug it in. If not get a small solar charger/maintainer.

Kentucky Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dt466, help me, international, mechanic, no start

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.