Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2022, 10:45 AM   #1

2002 International DT466e Allison 3060md won't start

I bought it about 18 months ago. Spent some time across 3 months working on it, ripping seats out, etc. I then took it to my dad's shop and stopped working on it due to covid supply chain price issues. Over the course of next 6 months I would crank it and let it idle, rev it up, then move it slightly to change tire position. Then I went 6ish months without touching it and now it won't crank.

I charged the batteries completely, but it doesn't even try to turn over. Just a silent sound when turning the key. I checked all of my fluids.

I took pictures and videos. The one thing that stands out to me is the transmission doesn't show a gear, it has a red light by mode, and then has a check trans light on dash.

https://imgur.com/a/iiPX89N

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: got batteries tested, suggested replacement, new batteries didn't fix the issue.

srallen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 06:00 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC/2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12-valve
Rated Cap: 1
Don't think it related to the batteries but more related to the trans. Maybe when you switched batteries an arc caused a fuse to blow or even a tcm failure. But I don't know anything about the 3060 so hopefully someone else can give you better direction (here not reddit). The check trans light is normal before startup. Post another pic of the trans push pad. Try it here first.
BamaBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 06:08 PM   #3

Pictures of dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by srallen3 View Post
I bought it about 18 months ago. Spent some time across 3 months working on it, ripping seats out, etc. I then took it to my dad's shop and stopped working on it due to covid supply chain price issues. Over the course of next 6 months I would crank it and let it idle, rev it up, then move it slightly to change tire position. Then I went 6ish months without touching it and now it won't crank.

I charged the batteries completely, but it doesn't even try to turn over. Just a silent sound when turning the key. I checked all of my fluids.

I took pictures and videos. The one thing that stands out to me is the transmission doesn't show a gear, it has a red light by mode, and then has a check trans light on dash.

https://imgur.com/a/iiPX89N

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: got batteries tested, suggested replacement, new batteries didn't fix the issue.
Dash pictures
Attached Thumbnails
20221002_131613.jpg   20221002_131623.jpg  
Old 10-06-2022, 06:09 PM   #4

Just posted some pictures directly here. The bus had starting problems before I changed the batteries
Old 10-06-2022, 06:15 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC/2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12-valve
Rated Cap: 1
Use the search above for MD3060 and see what else is here. But check out the thread from ewo1 https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f33/m...nel-24837.html
BamaBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 06:17 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: FS65
Engine: Mercedes 6.4L
Rated Cap: just the 2 of us
seems to me that just recently, someone else had a no start issue that turned out to be related to the trans not being in neutral..the cable/linkage had rusted, once he climbed under the bus and manually manipulated the linkage it started.
BarnYardCamp is offline   Reply With Quote