I bought a new air wiper motor (Sprague HP-200), and it came with barb fittings and soft rubber tubing installed from the factory. This tubing has no markings to determine manufacturer, air pressure rating, etc. I hooked the tubing up to my air compressor and tested the motor at 120 psi and everything seems to work fine. Ideally, I would just change out the fittings and run 1/4 nylon air lines, but these barb fittings seem to be integrated into the motor's valve (it's a non-standard HP-200, see long story below for more on that).
Is it ok to use these soft rubber hoses and somehow splice them onto 1/4 nylon air line that runs from the wiper valve on the dash? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the worst thing that could happen is that the rubber tubing pops off and my wiper stops working.
Now for the long backstory, for any that are interested:
My right air wiper had a bad leak, so I am in the process of replacing it. The original was a Sprague Air Push II, build date 1986. I couldn't find a direct replacement or the parts I needed to fix the old one. The official replacement is a Sprague HP-200, which would cost ~$210. I found a passenger side HP-200 on Ebay for $8 plus shipping, so I took a gamble and bought it. This cheap version had a couple issues with it, two of which I planned for and one that caught me off guard.
First off, the replacement did not have the correct shaft. I guessed/hoped that the shaft from my original wiper motor could be swapped into the new one. Turns out I was right. The old Air Push II shaft was a perfect fit in the new HP-200 motor.
Second, the new motor was an "ECAM" model, meaning that while still being air powered, it was designed to hook up to a computer control unit that modulated air flow, resulting in several discreet wiper speeds and an intermittent speed. I hoped that I could just disable or bypass all that electrical stuff and get a really cheap old-fashioned air motor. I got lucky again and didn't even need to modify anything. The fancy electrical solenoids slide right off, and the motor works perfectly when hooked up to the old "In" and "park" air lines.
I took this image from another listing on Ebay, but it's basically the same ECAM HP-200 that I bought
The third issue is the soft rubber tubing mentioned at the top of this overly-long post. This motor valve assembly has long skinny shafts that the black plastic solenoids slide over. The shafts terminate in a barb fitting, and the whole shaft + barb don't look like they can be removed and replaced with a standard air line connection.
Sorry for the long post - the actual question was way back in paragraph #2