Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2023, 03:51 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Engine: Cummins 5.9L
Bolt, nuts, and washers... oh my

Howdy yall, I have a 2001 Bluebird TC2000 FE (5.9 cummins) and wanted to know if anyone has the specs or knows who I could contact to get the sizes of the bolts, nuts, washers, ect for various parts. I contacted Bluebird and the local Rush bus repair shop but haven't heard back in a couple days now.

I sent the bus off to have the engine replaced... back in October and the mechanic just told me they moved shops beginning of December and hadn't touched it since then. Which was fantastic to see the front end missing and wide open for all sorts of critters to climb in over the winter. Everything is complete for the most part but the front end needs to be assembled. Radiator, intercooler, engine access hatch on front, panel above the lights, and dog house are all just sitting in the bus waiting to be put on.

Mtrx804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 07:26 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000 28ft
Engine: Cummins ISB 5.9 24v, MD3060
Rated Cap: 14
Ace sells everything. Most of the frame stuff is bolted with 1/2 grade 8 bolts and locknuts.

I replaced all the hardware when putting my radiator in. Its all sae hardware. The only weirdish ones were the carriage bolts that hold the hood on. I got 2 lengths of stainless 1/4 carriage bolts and textured nuts on the backside.

If you need a hole bunch, check out tractor supply by the pound pricing.
fo4imtippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 08:19 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Engine: Cummins 5.9L
Thanks, I guess I can just go buy one of each to figure what sizes I need if Rush and BB don't get back to me.

Part of what I wanted to get information from them on was how many. Don't wanna take the chance of missing a bolt here ot there.
Mtrx804 is offline   Reply With Quote