Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2021, 07:33 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdoctor View Post
Never less? It should be around 120psi. I’d inspect and do a R&R on the whole air system. What’s your leak down test look like?

its quite normal for the air pressure to cycle between 90 or 100 and 120 or 130. the governor has a deadband on it.. most D2 governers asre designed at 90 on and 120 off so you quite frequently see air pressure in those ranges.

if you have an air dryer designed to use wet-tank air as purger (some of the wabco do) or have a bad check valve.. then you'll see your air sit constant at 120 and hear the purge every 30 seconds or so.. thats a system which should have attention..

otherwise 90 is as low ass it should go unless you made a panic stop where you have air ABS that engaged.. then it might be a little lower..

and of course at start-up after the system has lost all its air..

cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 08:18 AM   #22
Bus Crazy

Year: 1954
Coachwork: wayne
Chassis: old f500- new 2005 f-450
Engine: cummins 12 valve
Rated Cap: 20? five rows of 4?
The broken shocks

1991 bluebird all American with rear air suspension that I checked. The air bags had internal bump stops. The suspension can’t really get to point of pulling the shock apart, that leaves shock compression as the leading probable cause. IF the air springs were substituted with replacement springs that had no internal bump stops then, I think the correct shocks could be broken in the manner you have indicated. I would also expect to see other damage from the axle crashing with no bump stops and broken air springs.

The shocks were too long for this application. I am saying this without ever seeing the parts.

William
magnakansas is offline   Reply With Quote