Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2018, 04:36 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: Dt466e
Rated Cap: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Unless ANYTHING went wrong with it.
luckily my friend who owns land in new mexico was down for the roadtrip overnight, and id only have to drive it 1.5 hours to park it on his land and relist it

jjhwick119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:11 AM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 2008
Coachwork: IH
Chassis: IC SB CE-300 39ft
Engine: DT466 w/Allison 2500
Rated Cap: 29500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Common sense would tell you that if you are looking at 6 different buses in several states, contacting the 3 different manufacturers and requesting them to dig in old, non-digital archives to fulfill your several documentation requests is excessive.

Now, multiply the extra work you created times the number of people on the Board. See how that places an undue burden on the manufacturer?

If you actually buy the bus and need documentation, that is different. They will currently help with those requests, until they are overloaded with frivolous demands.

Building a Skoolie will present you with quite a few new obstacles and learning experiences. It is a growth experience.
This post is absurd. Bluebird is required to keep a digital database of info related to VINs because they have to provide it to government and other agencies. They have a support group whose JOB it is to answer questions about their vehicle, and the cost of that is priced into the vehicles as a COST OF DOING BUSINESS (a term you would recognize if you had ever run a business). The argument that this places an "undue burden on the manufacturer" is laughable.
Zork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:15 AM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 2008
Coachwork: IH
Chassis: IC SB CE-300 39ft
Engine: DT466 w/Allison 2500
Rated Cap: 29500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhwick119 View Post
Sold within 24 hours, I was a couple hours late. Had wrong phone number on one ad, and finally found correct one too late. Search continues. Guy from Delaware bought both his busses, flying in tomorrow
https://clovis.craigslist.org/cto/d/...463647817.html

Told him the guy falls through I'll drive the 400 miles tomorrow to check it out
For future reference, the best bet to get info on a bus is to go to one of the dealers, explain to them that you are purchasing a used vehicle and need info on it from the VIN, and that you went there because you were looking for a dealer that will work on the bus when necessary. The manufacturers may or may not answer; the good ones do, the bad ones need to have their products avoided. I asked Navistar about the International school bus I just bought and they answered within a day to let me know the best place to get manuals and info on the bus is the local dealer, and provided a link to find one.
Zork is offline   Reply With Quote