Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2023, 05:44 PM   #1

Year: 2007
Engine: Cat 6 Desil
Bus won’t turn on/engine light

So I was starting up my bus today, and the “wait to start” light did not turn off, followed by a check engine light. Upon trying to crank the engine won’t turn over. Batteries are fine I just replaced them. Oil is fine too. Also does anyone know what kind of diagnostic tool will fit this port? Will include picture of dash and picture of port
Attached Thumbnails
86617CA6-6191-4EE6-866A-98FA4E393379.jpg   image.jpg  

Ladylime96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 06:27 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: Minotour
Engine: Chevy Express 3500 6.6l
Check battery voltage (something could have drained them)

Check your terminals

Check your ground connections
Danjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 07:57 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylime96 View Post
So I was starting up my bus today, and the “wait to start” light did not turn off, followed by a check engine light. Upon trying to crank the engine won’t turn over. Batteries are fine I just replaced them. Oil is fine too. Also does anyone know what kind of diagnostic tool will fit this port? Will include picture of dash and picture of port
That is a J1939 port. A USB Nexiq 2 I think can read this. Bluefire can also do so.

Most buses have a push button somewhere in the middle or under the dash that you can push, and the warning light will flash. each flash is a number so count the flashes, followed by a brake light flashing to tell you next code if there's more than one.

Example:
flash flash
flash flash flash
flash flash flash

Would be 233. Then you can look up that flash code for your model bus and get the error without buying equipment.

Example here:
nikitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 11:11 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC/2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12-valve
Rated Cap: 1
The previously posted utube vid is for Internationals and won't help with the Blur Bird All American. If the diagnostic button doesn't do anything then use the dash speedo buttons. If you have a M and T button on the speedo press the M button for five seconds and use the T button to scroll to the Eng Diag section. Press both buttons to open that section. You may be able to retrieve codes there. Post what you find.

The wait to start is not on in the picture but you do have the Eng Warn light on. Not sure what emission controls you have with that C7.
BamaBus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 03:30 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Had a similar issue with my car once. Check the glow plug relay, might be acting up. As for the diagnostic tool, an OBD-II scanner should work if your bus is from '96 or later.
frxmoney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine help, won’t turn on