Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2022, 04:05 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000 28ft
Engine: Cummins ISB 5.9 24v, MD3060
Rated Cap: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fo4imtippin View Post
I didnt even see a nozzle or igniter on this. Where would it be at? The Glowplug does look similar to the Espar type.

So i asked D&E about the Alibaba version here. They said that it is not 16kw (they said its a smaller version, despite their link to Davids review confirm 16KW output). Although they do say they have that (would i like to order? Shipping will be very expensive..). Anyway, the English has gotten way worse. I pointed out that the version i paid $240 for is listed for $180 on their own page. Since they didn't send me the version i clicked to buy on their store, could they at least refund me the difference for the one they mistakenly sent. They replied with a bunch of English words, none addressed my question..

I assumed this was a disposable heater as far as the heater head failing going. Maybe it only last 5 years. It was cheap enough to just buy one every few years rather than a Webasto. I'm also hesitant to mount this above my driveshaft as to the weather resistance. Ill have to fabricate brackets, exhaust and shield. I have it setup in driveway now to do a bench test of it to see how it works. The switch it came with is On/Off/On and im thinking it does pump/heater or pump only.

Luckily i have some time before i even need to mount something to my bus, but im torn on what i should do.
  1. Buy a broken or used Webasto when they become available and have expensive parts.
    1. https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/f...ter-38952.html
    2. Chris, youve seen this one, is it really a fuel issue?
    3. https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f51/w...ips-37895.html
  2. Demand refund or Paypal dispute D&E until their communication improves. It was an honest mistake on their order process, but their process is horrible.
  3. Throw it up there and see how long it works!

Okay, just finished bench testing. From the switch they gave me, it has Off/Water Pump On/ WaterPump and Heater On. Perfect!

It was a bear to prime. Makes me appreciate my well pump and pool pump! I had to shove a garden hose in the bucket and ram water up the pipe (even with the bleeder screw open, wasnt priming). I have my hose putting out around 13 GPM and the water pump could out pump the hose.

It smokes white like crazy. When set to On, its self regulating from 150 to 180. The exhaust is so hot. I'm wondering if i want to do a water jacket around the exhaust to increase efficiency (or do i care). It heated a 5 gallon bucket full of water from 77 to 180 in about 5 minutes. (Cold start).

Any ideas as to the durability of these? I know the Webastos come with a cute little box around them. I could silcone on the little control box to keep the weather out if that's all that matter.

Edit: Also, my multimeter was harmed in this picture, but only a flesh wound.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20220420_185932471.jpg  

fo4imtippin is offline   Reply With Quote