Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2020, 10:29 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Collins
Chassis: E350
Engine: Ford 7.3 NA
Rated Cap: Six window shuttle bus
Delphi or Motorcraft fuel injectors?

Hello all. I'm wanting to replace my fuel injectors and I'm curious if Delphi brand injectors are any good. The Delphi injectors are $60.81 a piece and the REMAN Motorcraft injectors are $105.00 a piece. I want my bus to be mechanically solid but if the Delphi are just as good, I wouldn't mind saving the money. Thanks for looking.

Old 08-12-2020, 08:20 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
I've had a delphi rep come in the shop and talk about their products. I've also had a guy from GB remanufacturing come into the shop and talk about his products. Both guys were great, knowledgeable, and had confidence in their products. Both places re-manufacture injectors and other diesel components, and both are normally cheaper then using motorcraft, but I still install motorcraft injectors. It's just something I've always done, and I've come to trust my reputation on that. R&R'ing injectors isn't a fun or enjoyable task, so I'm going to install parts that I've had positive experiences with vs something I have no experience with.

My post isn't meant to dissuade you from using them, by all means, use them. If it goes well and you save money too, all is good!

In my mind, I just can't afford to chance a repair on trying something different, when I've had no issues with what I'm currently doing.