Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2019, 10:14 AM   #1

Dump air solenoid?

I recently purchased a 1994 Thomas mostly finished skoolie with an 8.3 Cummins. The attached picture is of a solenoid that is leaking air. It was located under the air filter housing. The identification tag is worn. Anyone know where I can get a replacement and what it might control? I have been browsing this forum for a little bit and it is a wonderful source of knowledge!
Attached Thumbnails
20191222_094937.jpg  

oliverbutthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 09:19 AM   #2

It is likely control solenoid for your fan clutch. But it could control most anything, such as exhaust brake, radiator shutters, etc. Try an auto parts store that has a heavy duty counter. Most likely what you get will look nothing like that. Most places only carry a cheap plastic solenoid. New trucks even have plastic part. All it is, is a N/O or N/C valve, depending how it is plumbed.
Nitro 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 05:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro 10 View Post
It is likely control solenoid for your fan clutch. But it could control most anything, such as exhaust brake, radiator shutters, etc. Try an auto parts store that has a heavy duty counter. Most likely what you get will look nothing like that. Most places only carry a cheap plastic solenoid. New trucks even have plastic part. All it is, is a N/O or N/C valve, depending how it is plumbed.
Thanks for the Info! I will take it in and see what NAPA or similar can get..... I haven't followed the air lines yet to see where they go......that would probably help
oliverbutthead is offline   Reply With Quote