Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2021, 03:33 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird TC2000
Engine: 24 valve 5.9 cummins
Rated Cap: 42
Flat nose hydraulic brake line replacement

Happy Holidays!

I have a 8 window Bluebird TC2000 with hydraulic brakes.
My ABS light kicked on so I crawled underneath to take a peek and found a small pinhole bleeding brake fluid and sucking air. The hard lines are pitted enough that I want to switch them all out for new.
If it were a dog nose, I wouldn't even think about paying someone, I've switched out hard lines on cars and trucks but never on anything with a cab over format
Any advise or should I just pay a shoo to do it?
I'm handy as hell but I'm also at a age that I can afford to pay for some things to be done.

Jay Brand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 05:32 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: BlueBird TS FE TC1000
Chassis: F090169
Engine: B5.9L CUMMINS
hey there, how did it go? my rusted line is the one leading into the master cylinder which seams to be perfectly hidden and very hard to reach. thinking I may have to access from above and hoping there is some wiggle room around the reservoir. will know this weekend,

brake Line size and fittings?
everything seems to be 7/16 nuts which would indicate 1/4" lines I believe

thanks
Old 06-24-2022, 05:32 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: Bluebird TC2000
Engine: 24 valve 5.9 cummins
Rated Cap: 42
Yep 1/4 lines.
I crawled under the bus, took some measurements and bought all my hardlines from a local auto parts store. I bought the premade (fittings installed) and they worked perfectly.
It took about 2 1/2 hours to replace all hardlines and bleed all the brakes.ive changed lines out before on cars that gave me more trouble than my bus did.
Jay Brand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:37 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: BlueBird TS FE TC1000
Chassis: F090169
Engine: B5.9L CUMMINS
I’ve replaced brake lines before with my personal vehicles. The concern I have is access to the master cylinder to replace the one problem line. Looking from underneath is runs into the frame then looks like I would have to remove a good deal of items to access. Haven’t been able to find anyone else who has performed this for a flat nose. I’m thinking maybe the access is from above. At first glance it doesn’t seem like there is room around the reservoir to reach in and work on lines. I drive up the 4 hrs today to give it a shot. Will be hiring a transporter to move it closer to where I am in ct from Vt on a trailer but need This leak fixed.
Thanks for the reply
BluebirdBabes is offline   Reply With Quote