Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2020, 01:05 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Help. Air leak problem

Please help. I have an air leak from the exhaust port of my foot valve. I know its a possiblity that's it's the valve or something is back feeding.

I believe the problem is coming from my front brake relay valve?. I haven't taken apart the foot valve to remove the delivery lines to confirm. There are 2 con lines coming from the relay to the pedal. Could I remove from the relay to check if it's back feeding instead of off the foot valve? Getting to the lines on the foot valve doesn't seem easy.

On the bottom of the relay valve it looks like a "piston" is pushed down. Is this normal?

Please excuse my lack of having any idea what I'm talking about. Everything I know about air brakes was learned in the last 2 hours.
Attached Thumbnails
20200328_102046.jpg   20200328_102055.jpg  

Alexjpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 01:42 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Ok so I don't know what I'm talking about. I was reading trouble shooting pages and it said that if air is leaking from my foot valve while not being depressed it's likely the spring brake valve. Please help
Alexjpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:13 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
If you have air coming from the exhaust of the valve, it could be the valve itself leaking. It could also be backfed by one of the relay valves.

The only way you'll figure this out for certain is by pulling and plugging hoses and seeing where the air is coming from.

You could try draining either the primary or secondary tank to narrow it down. Does it leak with the parking brakes applied? Released? Service brakes applied? Released?