As my bus conversion is coming along we figured to go for a test drive. The bus hasn't moved in a year due to the rebuild and with the sun out it would be a nice Sunday drive.
After a few minutes running smoke appeared from underneath the steering wheel/ dashboard. The ignition housing was very hot and parts where melted.
I'm not mechanically inclined but i'm assuming something has short-circuited. A friend mechanic is coming by in a few days to check it out, but I was wondering if someone has ideas/ clues or even a wiring diagram to help me understand what might be going on (I ordered a manual hoping it has detailed information but it's coming from the States and not sure how long thats going to take).
The bus is an '86 Chevy Bluebird, shorty and running on propane.
Any information is welcome, thanks in advance!
Here is the aftermath