Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2022, 06:18 PM   #1

ISO CIN for our MD3060 Transmission-1997 Blulebird

I've got a skoolie project and the first thing I need is to get it driving.
Its a 1997 Bluebird TC/RE 2000. its got the 8.3 Cummins with an Allison MD3060 Transmission.
Before we get to cleaning up the engine and trans, I need to replace the TCM and shifter panel. At some point these were stolen.
I've contacted someone that will sell me a refurbished one. The gal said they need to proper CIN to load, from our bus or a sister bus.
I've done a bit of digging online and have come up with nothing. Ive called an Allison dealer, they couldnt help. My last option is a bluebird dealer about 3 hours away, im not confident that they can help.
Can someone throw me a link to a database? If anyone has a sister bus, i would appreciate the help any help.

Any information is helpful. Thank you!

TheAldrikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 04:44 PM   #2
Site Team

(OP: I’ve removed the URLs in your post. They didn’t work anyway, so no loss there…)
Polarweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 04:57 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000 28ft
Engine: Cummins ISB 5.9 24v, MD3060
Rated Cap: 14
I don't know who your current source is, but I would contact PCMPerformance. They sell brand new ones for 1k and will program and unlock 6th for $350 more. They will have similar CIN's stored that will work. Your mechanical Cummins is going to be more dependent any on sensors as it doesn't interface with the engine the same as the CAPs or VP44. I think you just need auto detect and 2500rpm setting. The rest will auto learn the shift points if all the sensors are setup already.
fo4imtippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 06:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fo4imtippin View Post
I don't know who your current source is, but I would contact PCMPerformance. They sell brand new ones for 1k and will program and unlock 6th for $350 more. They will have similar CIN's stored that will work. Your mechanical Cummins is going to be more dependent any on sensors as it doesn't interface with the engine the same as the CAPs or VP44. I think you just need auto detect and 2500rpm setting. The rest will auto learn the shift points if all the sensors are setup already.
I'll give them a call. thank you!
TheAldrikai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allison, bluebird tc2000, skoolie conversion, transmission