Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2022, 09:07 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Uhh, so yea. I changed my fuel water separator filter today. This might be the culprit (pics below). I'm a bit puzzled though when people say to pre-fill this one with diesel too before replacing, cause it just pours out the bottom when I do that.

Smudge all over the old one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20220114_173046427.jpg (202.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20220114_173110885.jpg (148.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20220114_172601817.jpg (174.4 KB, 4 views)

JacobFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 09:08 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsoundman View Post
Might try pulling the fuel line coming into the filter, then using an air compressor to push air back through the fuel line into the tank? (Vent your tank's cap first!) That would at least give you a way to try to clear any crud out of the fuel line...
Do you know which hose is the one coming in? One comes from front of engine block, the other goes along the side of the engine block and I can't see where it ends.
Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Thank you so much to everyone who replied to this one, and tried to help. The problem was as I originally suspected - an "algae" issue in the tank from letting the bus sit too much. I swapped out the fuel water separator filter and put some biocide in, and the bus has been running great since. Took it for a nice long drive.

Also special thanks to the guys who volunteered info on how to diagnose in the future with a laptop. That sticks out in my head and sounds like great info to know. If I ever end up going that route I'm gonna try and come back / find you and leave a special thanks.

Thanks again!