Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2021, 09:25 AM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1954
Coachwork: wayne
Chassis: old f500- new 2005 f-450
Engine: cummins 12 valve
Rated Cap: 20? five rows of 4?
putting 1991 blue bird back on the road

This bus has had so many hack jobs on it during its lifetime.

I keep finding wires with wire nuts, bare wire ends twisted together, three or four splices with in a 12 inches of wire. I found another unprotected wire joint in the engine bay yesterday, bare exposed wire, bodge job. This bus was supposed to have ben driven just a few months ago and it has been several days of work.

The back up camera installed, drivers fan installed, blower motor replaced, wires for turnsignal/hazard flasher repaired - fuse installed and 552 flasher unit replaced. replaced/repaired several brake lights, running lights, turn signal lights. Most of those were in the rear of the bus.

Working on finding part numbers for shock absorbers, air springs, speedometer cable, wiper arms.

We will install captains chair and get a silly 3" defroster duct replaced. The entire dashboard is now removed just because of this duct! Bought a 3" dryer vent hose..... Hell no! damn thing measures 3.5" Three inches my @33! $20 dollars wasted.

Progress though, getting stuff in the breaker box labled and wires identified. Looks like we have the main heater/defroster all up and running.

fresh air vents have not been used in decades, I destroyed one getting it open... damn another step backwards....

The number band aide/ bodge repair work is just having me shake my head and say ''' Another thing to make right"

The main things are now repaired and working, air brakes, heaters, blowers, back up camera installed. itty bitty inverter.

OH another biggie thing... battery hold down parts are now in and I am okay with how they are set up... I just have to cut off the ends of a couple of J bolts, they were too long.

Air ride seat is back up and working. That working is what fixed the air brake pressure problem. The air ride seat hose was leaking air pressure. That only took a couple of days to figure out.

one blower fan, some of the battery hold down parts, one seat pedestal are coming out of parts I had here at the house. Good to see stuff getting used.

william

magnakansas is offline   Reply With Quote