Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: THOMAS
Chassis: SAFE-T-LINER
Engine: CAT 3116
Rated Cap: 83
SERVICE MANUALS

Does anyone have a source besides ebay for service manuals? I'm looking for a service manual for a 1993 Thomas Safe-T-Liner ER.

BUSBOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: SERVICE MANUALS Bus

Ebay does have many style manuals but many bus makers do not have a shop manual. My Blue Bird manual has only very basic information about the vehicle and very little information about any repair. In the very small brochure that came with bus, was a wiring drawing and basic maintenance. The wiring is the same for many models and years. Best place to get printed information is from any net BB, forum, other bus owners, bus selling companies. The engine information usually comes from the maker. Info about each part maker is more easily available. A good patient truck parts place will often help with bus parts. International has a good parts reference program. Take the ID or VIN to a Int dealer and they will usually printout a build sheet. There are many repair manuals for engines and trans and rear axles in special repair manuals. Some times some shops will allow copies of some shop manual pages. Some salvage yards have good resources for parts numbers and information. Even some school districts will help for a few dollars to a mechanic at lunch time. Frank
frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: THOMAS
Chassis: SAFE-T-LINER
Engine: CAT 3116
Rated Cap: 83
Re: SERVICE MANUALS

Thanks Frank. Yeah I'm starting to realize that I don't think there was a single service manual for Thomas. Or even Blue Bird for that matter. I think all that is available is "owner operator maintenance manual", axles and wiring schematics.
BUSBOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
Bus Nut

you will need to get seperate manuals for each component from their manufacturer, engine,tranns,rearend,brakes,suspension etc
paul iossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:00 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 48
Send a message via Yahoo to ThorrsHammer

One I found on eBay for Navistar Engines, 1990-2009:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Navis...#ht_3308wt_939

(Note: I am not the seller of this item!)
Old 03-18-2021, 03:46 PM   #6

Year: 2007
Coachwork: International
International BE200 2007

Hi all,

First time posting and new here, so a bug hello to you all.
I've purchased the above bus and shipped to the UK where I am converting it into a Community Kitchen for a Charity we have set.
Now this is a completely new venture for us and the realisation of what would happen if we needed parts etc is weighing heavy!
I've managed to find a 'manual' of sorts - I just wondered if there are any other Skoolie owners in the UK, (we are in Bristol) that could offer any advice on where to look, what are the replacement parts I should potentially stock up on etc.....

Any help would be amazing

Regards

Paul

@FatDadsCommunityKitchen
FatDadsKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote