Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2016, 04:18 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

1993 Ford B700 Pitman arms

Hey, everyone,

I just got word back from the garage doing my inspection. One of the pitman arms on my steering linkages is too worn out for them to pass it on inspection. They said they called everywhere they could think of to find one without luck. I too have called many places.

I asked if I could have it rebuilt by a weld/machinist shop, they said not by Texas law. They suggested I contact a shop to upgrade the whole steering system to a later model setup. That sounds like it'll cost me more than my bus does (why wouldn't it, everything else seems to).

Anyone have any advice on where to call/look or what to do?

ashandrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:37 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashandrik View Post
Hey, everyone,

I just got word back from the garage doing my inspection. One of the pitman arms on my steering linkages is too worn out for them to pass it on inspection. They said they called everywhere they could think of to find one without luck. I too have called many places.

I asked if I could have it rebuilt by a weld/machinist shop, they said not by Texas law. They suggested I contact a shop to upgrade the whole steering system to a later model setup. That sounds like it'll cost me more than my bus does (why wouldn't it, everything else seems to).

Anyone have any advice on where to call/look or what to do?
Did they call parts suppliers only or scrap yards also??
You can also try these guys

Bert Williams & Sons, Inc.
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:19 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Yeah, they called everywhere they could think of across the country. I called everywhere I could think of. I'm sure there is one in a yard somewhere, just got to find it. Thanks for the tip on BWS. I'll call them tomorrow.
ashandrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:21 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Crown / Pusher
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashandrik View Post
Yeah, they called everywhere they could think of across the country. I called everywhere I could think of. I'm sure there is one in a yard somewhere, just got to find it. Thanks for the tip on BWS. I'll call them tomorrow.
I'd call the Napa number thats their main warehouse. Let me know if they come thru for you.
Stu & Filo. T is offline   Reply With Quote