Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2018, 12:21 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Help with a non bus related ford issue

I just killed well murdered my hard body nissan truck see pic. Can't find a replacement so bought a cheap F150 from my old pt job. It cranks and will make spark runs if you spray carb clean in the intake. So the issue is fuel it has the electrically switched dual fuel tanks and has never run off the back tank since 4 years or more. I'm told it has 3 fuel pumps? Also where is the fuel pump relay ? And the valve that switches them? I wasted 24 on a chiltons book and it has nothing but the fuel pressure. Ford can't tell me which of the relays in the underhood box or which maxifuse is for the pump and the cover only has numbers. Anyone ever work in one of these? 1995 f150 4.9 straight six auto trans. EFI multiport.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

golfersmurf57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:25 AM   #2
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
My guess is: Each tank has an electric pump, so there is 2 pumps....and the mechanical lift pump on the side of the motor makes 3 pumps?

found this:

92 F-150 4.9L Inline Six fuel pump not activating, and not getting Spark.
I've tracked the problem down with the help of several guys from this page, so Thank You! I've got the Fuel Pump working by hot wiring it, so I know it works. But I tried starting it, and now I'm not getting spark. Several guys said the EEC, but I'm trying to test what I can to narrow down the problem. Several websites and the Haynes manual said EEC relay which tells the fuel pump to engage when the key turns over. The EEC Relay is shown to be a brown wire harness on the driver side fender, but when I looked at it, it's got a cap on it that doesn't look like it has any connections to it. I've also been told the Ignition Control Module, which looks as if it could be the problem because a lot of moisture has gotten to the area on the driver side fender. I'm basically asking how to start the truck, but have so many side questions, like which part could it be, and which part deals with both the fuel pump and getting spark. Both could be bad I'm sure, but I want to work 1 problem at a time. I'm getting fuel now because u Hotwired the pump, but one of these things getting fixed would eliminate the Hotwire and I could just hook it back up properly, but then again, I don't know if I'd get spark. Can anyone offer advice? I'd really appreciate it!

and...

It should be a usual black square relay in the power distribution box. Try swapping in the one from air conditioning.
If another relay is also getting hot, I would think it's been rewired with too much power going through.
A lot of them are set up to have 12 volts for the 2 second prime then 6.5 volts for constant run. I just remember reading that somewhere, but you could see how it might overheat a relay.
You can also turn the power distribution box over and remove the bottom to see if there are any wiring problems underneath there.
That's assuming your truck has a power distribution box - beside the air cleaner box ?

http://www.alldatadiy.com/about_alldata/index.html

https://www.f150forum.com/f93/fuel-p...ne-6-a-195897/

or from Ford directly
https://www.f150forum.com/f12/figure...m-ford-359732/

how to: https://www.f150forum.com/f12/figure...m-ford-359732/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 4.16.37 AM.png
Views:	4
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	18909
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:20 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfersmurf57 View Post
I just killed well murdered my hard body nissan truck see pic. Can't find a replacement so bought a cheap F150 from my old pt job. It cranks and will make spark runs if you spray carb clean in the intake. So the issue is fuel it has the electrically switched dual fuel tanks and has never run off the back tank since 4 years or more. I'm told it has 3 fuel pumps? Also where is the fuel pump relay ? And the valve that switches them? I wasted 24 on a chiltons book and it has nothing but the fuel pressure. Ford can't tell me which of the relays in the underhood box or which maxifuse is for the pump and the cover only has numbers. Anyone ever work in one of these? 1995 f150 4.9 straight six auto trans. EFI multiport.

Ok, I have a 4.9 95 f150...in tank fuel pumps...look in fuse box under the hood for 4amp fuses...IF one is blown it's probably the fuel pump...I'd guess the pump in rear tank is bad...if that fuse is bad that's the issue...idk about a 3rd pump...unless it's a injector pump...but I think that engine is a throttle body injector system

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
Jdawgsfanasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:49 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgsfanasty View Post
Ok, I have a 4.9 95 f150...in tank fuel pumps...look in fuse box under the hood for 4amp fuses...IF one is blown it's probably the fuel pump...I'd guess the pump in rear tank is bad...if that fuse is bad that's the issue...idk about a 3rd pump...unless it's a injector pump...but I think that engine is a throttle body injector system

Got power up to the dash switch fyi the eec relay for the pump is the 2nd from the drivers side in the power distribution box under the hood I jumpered it to test and the schematic shows power goes from pos to fuse to relay then to inertia switch then to tank selector switch then to fuel pump I have power at both output terminals when switch is thrown each way. I ordered two fuel modules. Wish me luck! : coffee slurp :

golfersmurf57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:41 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfersmurf57 View Post
Got power up to the dash switch fyi the eec relay for the pump is the 2nd from the drivers side in the power distribution box under the hood I jumpered it to test and the schematic shows power goes from pos to fuse to relay then to inertia switch then to tank selector switch then to fuel pump I have power at both output terminals when switch is thrown each way. I ordered two fuel modules. Wish me luck! : coffee slurp :

Hopefully that works

Jdawgsfanasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:05 AM   #6
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: TE 444
Rated Cap: 12
Check that the inertia switch is not tripped, it has a manual reset