Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-12-2020, 05:20 PM   #21
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 6,400
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
I realize that but one can dream a bit?
As long as it doesn't begin with: "Here, hold my beer and watch this".

PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:10 AM   #22
Bus Nut
 
firebuild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: US nomadic
Posts: 556
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Lewis
Chassis: Ford E350
Engine: 7.3L Diesel
Rated Cap: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Glad you're back up and running. Keep a couple spare filters on hand. I personally run every vehicle I buy out of fuel, keeping a 2 gallon jug in the back. This way I know when it hits "E" I know how far I can go before I'm dry. I also know by filling them back up exactly how big the tanks are. Not a great option on diesels.
Having had as many issues as I did in the beginning with the pickup inside the rear tank, I'm not that into stressing it out on purpose!

When I can get to my email and pull out the receipt I'll post the info for the mobile mechanic service. The guy said they have people in every state. They sent me a kid who was younger than the bus but he really knew his way around an old diesel engine. And they were really reasonable, charged me half what they quoted before coming out. I guarantee it was less than I would've gotten away with if I'd been towed to the dealer!
__________________
Mary
Maximalist Minibus Channel on YouTube
https://MaxMini.TV
firebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 05:04 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Ohio
Posts: 28
Year: 2009
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: 5 window micro-bird.
Engine: Chevy 6.0L Gas.
Rated Cap: 30 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebuild View Post
Having had as many issues as I did in the beginning with the pickup inside the rear tank, I'm not that into stressing it out on purpose!

When I can get to my email and pull out the receipt I'll post the info for the mobile mechanic service. The guy said they have people in every state. They sent me a kid who was younger than the bus but he really knew his way around an old diesel engine. And they were really reasonable, charged me half what they quoted before coming out. I guarantee it was less than I would've gotten away with if I'd been towed to the dealer!
Would be very interested to know who you used locally. We're in Columbus and just got a short bus (chevy 6.0L Gasser), but want to find a mechanic that will work on it. (Bus runs fine now, but we want to do an inspection anyway). One or two mechanics have already told us they can't (or won't?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
fire: we shot you a message.. im in the columbus and have tools.. i was long asleep when this thread transpired and i dont have notifications set up for the forum..
@Cadillackid - similarly, may I ask if you have any positive/good experiences with mechanics willing to work on busses in the area?
Cerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 05:17 PM   #24
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Columbus/Carroll OH
Posts: 8
Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC
Engine: DT466e
Hey, we are down in the Canal Winchester/Carroll area. There is a bus service company down here that's helped me out a few times on a few vehicles that you could always try. I work next door. They are pretty busy but I've seen a few skoolie conversions there before, so they must be willing to help.

https://g.page/bsi-llc-bus-sales-and-service?share
MopedBusClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 05:19 PM   #25
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 17,654
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I’ve never sent a gasser to them but midnight diesel are great guys and might work on that because it’s commercial,

I’ve not used them but “bus service inc” (BSI) comes recommended , the one in canal Winchester.

Again these places have worked on diesels so not sure about gassers.BSI is a bus place but does general PM type work on commercial trucks too.

If you are looking for suspension work (springs steering king pins etc) then jones truck and spring is the place to go

For tires I go to BestDrive tire centers in grove City, they treat me right and have a good selection.

Driveshafts and I joints I drop them off at driveline 1,

Rear gears and differentials I go to weller truck parts.

Steering boxes I get from power steering specialists

Commercial truck parts like belts hoses air lines pulleys etc I go to Napa on feddern (that location has a lot of commercial and can make hydraulic, AC, power steering, brake, etc lines)

Bus AC parts for carrier / thermo king road AC I get from transport specialists inc

Bus body parts like lights window latches door seals heater motors etc I get from TAC bus parts in Johnstown .
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 05:27 PM   #26
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Columbus/Carroll OH
Posts: 8
Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC
Engine: DT466e
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I’ve never sent a gasser to them but midnight diesel are great guys and might work on that because it’s commercial,

I’ve not used them but “bus service inc” (BSI) comes recommended , the one in canal Winchester.

Again these places have worked on diesels so not sure about gassers.BSI is a bus place but does general PM type work on commercial trucks too.

If you are looking for suspension work (springs steering king pins etc) then jones truck and spring is the place to go

For tires I go to BestDrive tire centers in grove City, they treat me right and have a good selection.

Driveshafts and I joints I drop them off at driveline 1,

Rear gears and differentials I go to weller truck parts.

Steering boxes I get from power steering specialists

Commercial truck parts like belts hoses air lines pulleys etc I go to Napa on feddern (that location has a lot of commercial and can make hydraulic, AC, power steering, brake, etc lines)

Bus AC parts for carrier / thermo king road AC I get from transport specialists inc

Bus body parts like lights window latches door seals heater motors etc I get from TAC bus parts in Johnstown .
BSI did headgaskets and a new radiator on an old 91 4runner for me for free a few years ago. Not only did they initially quote me $700, which was a steal, when I went to pay the owner was like "don't worry about it". All because they had a couple slow days and he needed something for a mechanic to do. Might be partially because I work next door, but come on, he didn't have to do it for free. Wasn't going to argue I was half broke at the time.
MopedBusClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 05:28 PM   #27
Bus Nut
 
ISAF2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Bay area
Posts: 324
Year: 1995
Coachwork: Collins
Chassis: Bantam
Engine: International T444
Rated Cap: 16?
Not a good Idea to purposefully run Diesels out of fuel, throw that notion out with the starting fluid
ISAF2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:37 PM   #28
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 30
interesting thread. glad to hear firebuild is back on the road! such a cool community to instantly reach out and help. reminds me much of the ford-trucks forum i'm a part of.
did someone say canal winchester?? isn't that where BrewDogs brewery is?? of rt.33 there?

i need a bus :/
potterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:50 PM   #29
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 17,654
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Yeppers I drive by brew dog on my way to Das Kaffeehaus regularly ..
A member here has the bus brewdog had
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:53 PM   #30
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Ohio
Posts: 28
Year: 2009
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: 5 window micro-bird.
Engine: Chevy 6.0L Gas.
Rated Cap: 30 passenger
Walnut Woods Tall Pines is one our go to parks. (Right by Brewdog).

And thank you @cadilackid for the mechanic suggestions. We're super excited to get started on our conversion!
Cerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:53 PM   #31
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Columbus/Carroll OH
Posts: 8
Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC
Engine: DT466e
Quote:
Originally Posted by potterfield View Post
interesting thread. glad to hear firebuild is back on the road! such a cool community to instantly reach out and help. reminds me much of the ford-trucks forum i'm a part of.
did someone say canal winchester?? isn't that where BrewDogs brewery is?? of rt.33 there?

i need a bus :/
Yes Brewdog is about 10minutes from my house. It's great in the summer when we bring the dogs. It's worth a visit, fantastic food as well. They have a rad hotel attached to it as well with lots of beer in the room (and shower beers). We're spoiled here, we also have rockmill brewery 10minutes from us, which is pretty well renowned and they have rad music shows there. There's also a newish local brewery called outerbelt another 10minutes away (which is my favorite brewery in central ohio). Then there's another couple just as close.
MopedBusClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:54 PM   #32
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Ohio
Posts: 28
Year: 2009
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: 5 window micro-bird.
Engine: Chevy 6.0L Gas.
Rated Cap: 30 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by MopedBusClub View Post
Yes Brewdog is about 10minutes from my house. It's great in the summer when we bring the dogs. It's worth a visit, fantastic food as well. They have a rad hotel attached to it as well with lots of beer in the room (and shower beers). We're spoiled here, we also have rockmill brewery 10minutes from us, which is pretty well renowned and they have rad music shows there. There's also a newish local brewery called outerbelt another 10minutes away (which is my favorite brewery in central ohio). Then there's another couple just as close.
Rockmill is the BEST. We were frequenting their concert nights in the fall. And the beer is fantastic.
Cerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:57 PM   #33
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Columbus/Carroll OH
Posts: 8
Year: 2003
Coachwork: IC
Engine: DT466e
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
Yeppers I drive by brew dog on my way to Das Kaffeehaus regularly ..
A member here has the bus brewdog had
That coffee shop is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerax View Post
Walnut Woods Tall Pines is one our go to parks. (Right by Brewdog).

And thank you @cadilackid for the mechanic suggestions. We're super excited to get started on our conversion!
Wallnut Woods is great, we take our dogs there often! Try out Chestnut Ridge just a little further towards Carroll, it's actually the first foothill of the Appalachian mountains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerax View Post
Rockmill is the BEST. We were frequenting their concert nights in the fall. And the beer is fantastic.
We went to a few as well, my wife has a band so they are often friends of ours which makes it fun.
MopedBusClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:21 AM   #34
Bus Crazy
 
DeMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,226
Coachwork: Integrated Coach Corp.
Chassis: RE-300 42ft
Engine: 466ci
Rated Cap: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_SwiftFur View Post
Commercial flights don't, this is only for certain military craft and even so, it's dangerous and requires specialized training and skill.
‐-------------
Is it already happening with Hydrogen? According to this article, mobile refueling is part of the plan.

"....Navistar announced that it will purchase a minority stake in OneH2, as well. OneH2 doesn't just deal in gas-station-style fill up locations; the company has a mobile fueling solution, too,..."

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news...ectric-trucks/

I wonder if they mean road-side or 'in-flight'
__________________
Ceiling: Framing & Electrical Rough-in
Convert Hatch to AC & Roof Patch
🇺🇸 Frederick Douglass: "If there is no struggle, there is no progress.
DeMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.