Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2019, 01:12 PM   #1

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: GMC B6000
Engine: 350 on Propane
Rated Cap: 24
82 B6000 Brake Booster

Hi Gang

I've turned the internet and every junk yard in my reach upside down trying to lay my hands on a hydraulic brake booster for my 1982 B6000.

Lots of places show stock but when you talk to them they actually don't and the manufacturer (Cardone) has no estimate when (if ever) they will run a batch.

So I turn to the community for help!

Have you got something sitting on a shelf? An old GM B6000 or TopKick sitting in the back field? Do you know someone or a junkyard in your neck of the woods that does?

I will buy it off you and arrange for the shipping!

The exact model needed is a Cardone 52-9900 (or 529900)

It looks like this: https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-...3546_7889_5764

Thanks everyone!

Kam1073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:29 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam1073 View Post
Hi Gang

I've turned the internet and every junk yard in my reach upside down trying to lay my hands on a hydraulic brake booster for my 1982 B6000.

Lots of places show stock but when you talk to them they actually don't and the manufacturer (Cardone) has no estimate when (if ever) they will run a batch.

So I turn to the community for help!

Have you got something sitting on a shelf? An old GM B6000 or TopKick sitting in the back field? Do you know someone or a junkyard in your neck of the woods that does?

I will buy it off you and arrange for the shipping!

The exact model needed is a Cardone 52-9900 (or 529900)

It looks like this: https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-...3546_7889_5764

Thanks everyone!
try these guys - - - - https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-other/s...ationFlag=true
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 03:07 AM   #3

I am having the same problem. I have the exact same bus. Mine is a Wayne lifeguard body. I found this site http://www.busparts.com/brakes-gmc.html
I dumping power steering fluid out of the weep hole on the power head. I would like to know if I could just replace the whole system with something more readily available or at least why it might be dumping out of the weep hole?
PnwDoesitbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 03:24 AM   #4

I have an 81 B6000 with the same system I have found 1 illustration of it and very little info. I can find the master cylinder and the vacuum booster... But I need the power head located between the two. Mine is dumping power steering fluid in-between the MC and the power head out of the weep hole. I attached the only image I could find after scouring the internet for no less than 6 hours. I haven't called yet, but you might try these guys. http://www.busparts.com/brakes-gmc.html this is the image from their catalog.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20200615-000744.png  
PnwDoesitbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:34 PM   #5

Sorry to necro post on this one but I had the same problem. The seals in my hydraulic booster where shot and made of unobtainium. What I ended up doing is essentially deleting the system by connecting the high pressure indeed line (that goes from the steering gear box to the hydraulic booster) straight to the power steering return line basically cutting the hydro booster out of the loop. You'll lose a little braking power as that's what the system was designed to help but not enough to make it terrible, plus you'll stop marking your territory everywhere you park.
Ghost of liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 09:47 AM   #6

Year: 1985
Coachwork: Wayne Lifeguard
Chassis: Chevy B60
Engine: Chevy 366
I have an 85 Wayne Lifeguard, but with air brakes. I punched your part number into RockAuto's "Part Number Search" field and found that Cardone offers a rebuild service for your unit.
P-Bod is offline   Reply With Quote