Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2017, 06:31 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: GMC
Rated Cap: 42
Backup/reverse light out

I have a 1993 bluebird 7 window bus with the 366 gas engine. the driverside backup light went out and I popped the lens off and found that the bulb was fine but the whole electrical fixture was rusted away. Does anyone know of a source for electrical fixtures for a GMC/ bluebird bus or do you have any ideas about replacing the fixture with an LED or other fixture?
Attached Thumbnails
backup_light.jpg  

JA Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:09 PM   #2
Skoolie

As long as you can access the lines running to that light, you should be able to swap in almost any aftermarket bulb/socket combination that physically fits there. Many of the LED modules are flat and just use a generic T10 bulb socket, so those might be good candidates.
lucasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:23 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Unfortunately I'm not sure of the manufacturer of the lights but Midwest carries a few different manufacturers.
http://www.midwestbusparts.com/index...ain_page=index

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
Tootalltechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:09 PM   #4
Skoolie

Thanks for the replies. I can access the wires now I just need to find a socket and bulb that will fit. Thanks for the link as well. I will see what Midwest has to offer.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:22 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Detroit 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
Grote manufacturing is the company that most likely created those and you can find them on e-bay or some auto parts stores.
I bought my new ones through orielly auto because they were cheaper than NAPA or check with any medium/heavy duty truck parts place.
Also I just recently found a manufacturer for 7" LED back up lights to replace my flashers and you could probably go on there website and find some LED upgrades.
I know I have seen them in there catalog. The name is optronics.
I go Into the parts stores and say let me see your catalog for such and such and stand there and look through it.
Some employees don't even know they have it and the ones that do only know general things in it.
I am starting to like my local ORIELLY store.
Good luck
Jolly Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #6
Skoolie

Thanks to everyone who relied, I have backup/reverse lights now. I looked online and i am sure the fix was there but I didn't know enough about what they were trying to sell me to know if it was the right thing. I did go to my local parts store and they got me something I had to modify a bit, but end result I have backup lights now Thanks again for everyones input.