Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2022, 07:43 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
Bypassing the clutch with a jumper wire from the battery eliminates the high and low cut out switches.

You need to find where you're losing voltage and why. If you have voltage at both coil and switch of the compressor relay, you need to figure out why pcm isn't grounding relay coil.

The switches are all inputs to the pcm, the pcm does the controlling. Bypassing it shows that something isn't right at pcm which is disabling operation. Good scan tools can look at live data and see what's missing. Cheaper units not so much. Old units might not show codes if it's an open in one of the circuits, as the circuits will open under normal operation.

Old 07-05-2022, 02:25 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
yes sir i understand and thank you for your response.
i have been trying to work through it and when i get time i will be opening the dash and verify dash signal out to high pressure to pcm.
wont be this week.
thought my fridge died last night so got up this morning and was going to dig out the cooler and go get ice after the morning coffee and the dang coffee pot didnt work either.
checked breakers and nothing was/is tripped swapped plugs to different receptacle and they work?
i have 6 out of 7 receptacles that dont have power have traced it back and the one that has power is on a different braker marked for washer right in the middle of 2 more in the kitchen.
the rest dont have power and i cant figure out where the daisy chain started?
sorry just talking it out? when i get off my ass i will extend my meter leads and try to ohm out from receptacle to receptacle.
bus stuff next weekend.
thank yall
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote