Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2019, 08:30 PM   #1

Beep code?

Hey folks.
A short while ago I moved my bus and it ran perfectly. 92 Detroit diesel Allison transmission transit bus conversion. Started it up and I got a check trans light come on when I press a button other than N and won’t go into Drive Reverse 2or3. weird thing everything is fine in 1. . Had someone come look at it. They said code 23 shift controller. I bought a refurbished controller on eBay, installed started it up and still having the same problem. Only now the check trans is also blinking and beeping even in N. Beeps 5 times then 3 times. Repeatedly.
Anyone have an idea of what is going on?
Attached Thumbnails
56DFF524-9B4A-48BF-892B-C8A9ACCE6ADA.jpg   63D90344-9389-40A7-9228-B6B4E7A4E844.jpg  

Mr Fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:09 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
I found this over on the FMCA site:

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Have you checked for Allison diagnostic codes?

With ignition on, engine OFF:

Hit the up and down arrows on the Allison shift pad at the same time. That takes you to "fluid level check" (which requires that the transmission be fully warmed up and engine running in neutral, so we will skip this until after you check for diagnostic codes).

Hit the up and down arrows a 2nd time. This takes you to diagnostic codes. It will show d-1 and then a two digit code. If no codes it will show d-1, - -.

If there is a d-1, after copying it down push the mode button to go to d-2. Continue until you get a d-?, - -.

To exit, just push "D" or simply turn off the key.
You can get the diagnostic codes from your Allison owners manual or on Allison's website.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:09 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72

Hit the up and down arrows on the Allison shift pad at the same time. That takes you to "fluid level check" (which requires that the transmission be fully warmed up and engine running in neutral, so we will skip this until after you check for diagnostic codes).

Hit the up and down arrows a 2nd time. This takes you to diagnostic codes. It will show d-1 and then a two digit code. If no codes it will show d-1, - -.

If there is a d-1, after copying it down push the mode button to go to d-2. Continue until you get a d-?, - -.

You can get the diagnostic codes from your Allison owners manual or on Allison's website.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post

There are no up down buttons. Or mode button. The attachments I posted are pics of the panel. There is ONLY. D R 1 2 3 as options.
Mr Fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allison transmission, beep code