Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2022, 07:39 PM   #21

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I do have the ability but I’m in Orlando right now .. I’ve been here awhile and fly home tomorrow evening, not sure how long you will be in the Columbus area ?
We live just outside of Marysville, so hopefully quite a while lol It's no problem for me to bring the bus into Columbus

DrewGerhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 07:11 AM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGerhan View Post
We live just outside of Marysville, so hopefully quite a while lol It's no problem for me to bring the bus into Columbus

perfect, I have an office in Marysville over near the walmart.. one of my favorite coffee shops to hang and write code is coffee-hall/creamery in marysville
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 07:14 AM   #23

Quote:
perfect, I have an office in Marysville over near the walmart.. one of my favorite coffee shops to hang and write code is coffee-hall/creamery in marysville
Perfect! my wife loves the coffee hall, I like the ice cream lol Let me know when you have some free time and we can get together!

Drew
Old 08-23-2022, 12:38 PM   #24
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown, integral. (With 2kW of tiltable solar)
Chassis: Crown Supercoach II (rear engine)
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC, DDEC 2, Jake brake, Allison HT740
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs GVWR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossvtaylor View Post
Hi all...I know this thread's a bit old, but I wanted to get some thoughts from you techy gurus. Those of you who know me, know that I'm a fan of the mechanical vintage diesels...and I can diagnose or rebuild an old Detroit 2-stroke without issue. But these newfangled engines with computers are out of my area of expertise.

I have a BlueFire which I take when I pick up vehicles, but I need more detail for some of the diagnostic work I'd like to do here. I did recently buy a Nexiq (not a clone) and I'm looking for the most universal software option to pair with that. Is PF-Diagnose a good option? Is there a better one I should look into?

Thanks!
Hi Ross,

If you want to get a Pro-Link scanner for Detroit DDEC engines, a good way is to buy a complete Pro-Link for old (late 1980's, I think) GM cars that used the same 12-pin connector as DDEC. Because nobody these days needs scanners for those cars, you can get a Pro-Link for cheap, then you throw away the GM cartridge. This will save you needing to buy an expensive adapter for the DDEC diagnostic port. Software cartridges for DDEC I and II and for II and III are often available for not too much, but there was a running change during DDEC II which means that earlier generation cartridges won't work for later engines, and v.v. I've bought all my Pro-Link stuff off eBay this way, and for a few hundred dollars I now have everything I need to scan my engine, including carrying case and printer.

John
Iceni John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 08:26 AM   #25

Quote:
Think you'd have a chance coming up to get together?
Old 01-08-2023, 01:31 PM   #26

Quote:
Any chance you'd want to meet up and see if you're able to put the higher tune in our bus?

Tags
computer, diagnostic, dieselkits, diy, freightliner