Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2024, 09:11 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

2006 CE Crank No Start w code

Not sure if this is in the right forum or not.

I have a 2006 CE 200 IC (VT365 - Yes I know) bus that cranks but will not start. It has done this before and we thought we had it repaired. But alas...

The only code from the cluster display is 2023_14p 150:2

What I know so far is that the "P" indicates an inactive code.
Also, according to other internet sources, this code indicates a "no communication issue" with either the ECM, the IDM, or the ESC.

The suggestions so far have been:
Check the grounds
Check the connectors at the batteries
Check the fuses
Check the relays

Here's what I've tried so far:
There were two burned connectors at the batteries. One hot and one ground. I repaired them both. When I repaired the hot connector the issue went away (or so we thought). When the issue returned I found the ground connector and repaired it but the issue remained this time. Now, I'm no expert but logic would seem to dictate that I didn't fix the problem in the first place. (Blinding flash of the obvious)

The next thing I did was to swap the ABS and ECM relays to see if the condition went away. It didn't.

I didn't check every fuse on the blocks, I only checked what I thought might have been related. So I guess pulling every fuse is next.

At one suggestion I checked the fuel system as instructed and it was functioning properly.

So the obvious conclusion would seem to be entirely an electrical issue (stupid computers!).

Information on the internet has been sketchy in the sense that it seems to be geared towards people who have more of a knowledge of these vehicles and systems. Telling me to use a convoluted schematic to find the location of the ECM under the hood, for example, is not helpful.

So what do I check next?
Also, if you are going to offer a suggestion I humbly request that you give me a specific location. For example, if you tell me to check a ground, tell me which one and where it is on the body. "Check the harness ground" is not helpful as there are 5 bajillion harness grounding points on this thing.

I appreciate any help that any of you can give.
My family and I are living in this right now and we don't have any other vehicle. We also can't afford a mechanic so, yes, we are asking for free help. I also do have some mechanical ability so performing repairs is not usually that hard if I have the right tools. But if it helps you to give me actionable advice then feel free to just think of me as a complete idiot.

Thanks!

VaFamily1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 06:37 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E, Allison 2000
Rated Cap: 72
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f37/i...als-40297.html

Check link. Might have some wire diagrams. Not at my computer.

Test light, vote meter and wire schematics is what you need right now.

Check you fuses, every one of them including the ones in the battery box. Even follow the wires out of the box. Check wiring at starter. International likes to use it as a power supply point.
Omnibot2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 07:17 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
BE/CE wiring diagrams

In this thread, post #2 you will find the diagrams for a 2007 BE/CE bus. Should be right up your alley.

https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f49/h...ues-43215.html
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 07:51 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFamily1 View Post
So what do I check next?
Also, if you are going to offer a suggestion I humbly request that you give me a specific location. For example, if you tell me to check a ground, tell me which one and where it is on the body. "Check the harness ground" is not helpful as there are 5 bajillion harness grounding points on this thing.

I appreciate any help that any of you can give.
My family and I are living in this right now and we don't have any other vehicle. We also can't afford a mechanic so, yes, we are asking for free help. I also do have some mechanical ability so performing repairs is not usually that hard if I have the right tools. But if it helps you to give me actionable advice then feel free to just think of me as a complete idiot.

Thanks!
Re-reading your post, I can understand the spot your in.

your description of connectors burned, tells us nothing. What connectors? pics would be helpful.

The engine cranks/spins when you turn the key...this is good.

It would be super helpful if you had a better way to pull codes. Without that information your gonna spin some wheels.

Do you have a way to read/pull codes... ???
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 03:21 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

As it turns out the relay for the IDM was bad. Replaced that and it started right up. thanks for all the suggestions.
VaFamily1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 12:40 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 29
It's usually a relay or fuse most of the time.
nikitis is offline   Reply With Quote