Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-21-2021, 05:19 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 43
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: 7.3 International
ABS light and buzzer?

01 Int 3800 444e at545

Could an ABS light cause a constant warning buzzer sound (under dash area)? Sometimes the buzzer will stop but not for long. ABS light is always on.

Thanks

Jay Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 06:32 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 43
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: 7.3 International
I would accept thats a stupid question, your problem is "x" or "y".

You guys prolly wouldn't do that but I'd accept it anyways.
Jay Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 08:17 PM   #3
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 734
Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
01 Int 3800 444e at545

Could an ABS light cause a constant warning buzzer sound (under dash area)? Sometimes the buzzer will stop but not for long. ABS light is always on.

Thanks
Yes and noÖ..

Your not giving enough info for a good answer so thatís why I said yes and no.

Have you pulled codes?
Have you done any recent wheel removal work?

The buzzer could also be from other problems, mine has a bad oil pressure sensor, makes the needle go to zero triggering the dash light and buzzer.

You need to pull codes.
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 07:50 AM   #4
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 15,978
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
on the 01's ive not yet seen one that will cause a buzzer to be on.. if the bus has hydraulic brakes there is a BEEPER that comes on if the powered steering pressure (power steering also provides power brake assist) is low or if the electric motor which provides back-up in the event of engine stall fails to operate.



the ABS modules will trigger the light but I havent seen any on that era IH which will trigger a buzzer.. the ABS module *MAY* be on the diagnostics link but in that era they typically arent at least not for the bendix or WABCO most commonly used.. Id have to find the books on the diagnostic procedures.. often its a wheel speed sensor that goes bad or gets contaminated by oil from a wheel seal leak (often the front)..then attracts dirt which hinders its ability to function.





an actual buzzing Buzzer (not beeper) is often a door or roof hatch that isnt closed tightly (roof hatch is most common) but can be an emergency window or door..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 12:21 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 43
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: 7.3 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewo1 View Post
Yes and noÖ..



Your not giving enough info for a good answer so thatís why I said yes and no.



Have you pulled codes?

Have you done any recent wheel removal work?



The buzzer could also be from other problems, mine has a bad oil pressure sensor, makes the needle go to zero triggering the dash light and buzzer.



You need to pull codes.
Ok thanks ewo1. I just spent a fortune on a new radiator so it'll have to wait. I don't know anything about pulling the codes. Could you comment on how much I should expect to fork out to have them pulled?

Thanks, safe travels!!
Jay Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 12:26 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 43
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: 7.3 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
on the 01's ive not yet seen one that will cause a buzzer to be on.. if the bus has hydraulic brakes there is a BEEPER that comes on if the powered steering pressure (power steering also provides power brake assist) is low or if the electric motor which provides back-up in the event of engine stall fails to operate.



the ABS modules will trigger the light but I havent seen any on that era IH which will trigger a buzzer.. the ABS module *MAY* be on the diagnostics link but in that era they typically arent at least not for the bendix or WABCO most commonly used.. Id have to find the books on the diagnostic procedures.. often its a wheel speed sensor that goes bad or gets contaminated by oil from a wheel seal leak (often the front)..then attracts dirt which hinders its ability to function.





an actual buzzing Buzzer (not beeper) is often a door or roof hatch that isnt closed tightly (roof hatch is most common) but can be an emergency window or door..
Yeah it's a buzzer not a beeper. If I could find it I'd like to just disconnect it, and light it on fire.

Thanks, safe travels!!

Forgot to say. I'll start it and let it buzz and go around to all my hatches and what not and see if re seating things does anything.
Jay Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 02:50 PM   #7
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 734
Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
I don't know anything about pulling the codes. Could you comment on how much I should expect to fork out to have them pulled?

Thanks, safe travels!!
LOL. That was a good one!
Pulling codes means retrieving coded data from the computer. It will tell you if the computer sees a problem. It will issue a 3 digit code which corresponds to a particular issue.

Theres two ways to pull codes.
1) code reader
2) dash retrieval.

The first one will require you to have a laptop and a nexiq compatible reader.

The second way is easy and free. I do not know the correct procedure so hopefully someone will chime in, but basically you push a button and count the light, how many times it blinks. That will get you the code.
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 02:55 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 43
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: 7.3 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewo1 View Post
LOL. That was a good one!

Pulling codes means retrieving coded data from the computer. It will tell you if the computer sees a problem. It will issue a 3 digit code which corresponds to a particular issue.



Theres two ways to pull codes.

1) code reader

2) dash retrieval.



The first one will require you to have a laptop and a nexiq compatible reader.



The second way is easy and free. I do not know the correct procedure so hopefully someone will chime in, but basically you push a button and count the light, how many times it blinks. That will get you the code.
Oh yeah I know about the first option and I think I remember owning a vehicle that had dash retrival.

I ment on a bus I'm a newbie trying to get my first bus road worthy. So I'm really nervous about working on it cause it's all so forgien to me.
Jay Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 02:41 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 43
Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: 7.3 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
on the 01's ive not yet seen one that will cause a buzzer to be on.. if the bus has hydraulic brakes there is a BEEPER that comes on if the powered steering pressure (power steering also provides power brake assist) is low or if the electric motor which provides back-up in the event of engine stall fails to operate.



the ABS modules will trigger the light but I havent seen any on that era IH which will trigger a buzzer.. the ABS module *MAY* be on the diagnostics link but in that era they typically arent at least not for the bendix or WABCO most commonly used.. Id have to find the books on the diagnostic procedures.. often its a wheel speed sensor that goes bad or gets contaminated by oil from a wheel seal leak (often the front)..then attracts dirt which hinders its ability to function.





an actual buzzing Buzzer (not beeper) is often a door or roof hatch that isnt closed tightly (roof hatch is most common) but can be an emergency window or door..
Hey Cadillackid. So I was wrong about the buzzer sorry about that. It's definitely a beeping sound. It comes on just as I start to get moving and then it stays on. ABS is the only light on.
Is there a lamp test on my 01 IH that you know of?

Thanks.
Jay Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.