Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2020, 03:16 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 62
Smile Again a cruise control question

Hi guys,

Since i'm from the Netherlands and i'm probably the only one who is using the ServiceMaxx J1708 software overhere i thought maybe somebody overhere could help me with this.
I've found some threads were people were able to enable the cruise control on their busses by enabling them in the ECM. I've got the software to do this and i see the parameters like "cruise control mode" and "cc max and min speed" so if i want to change the cruise control mode to enable and then press program engine, it says invalid parameters.
Is somebody able to help me? Maybe even by phone or whatsapp? It would be great if somebody can help me out!

Thanks!
Lorenzo

RoadWhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:42 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
there are ranges you can set those parameters.. if you connect up and it finds the correct engine, try changing one at a time.. I also had an ioncorrect parameter error on my year 2000 ECM if I tried to enable radiator shutters.. not sure why but it did.. whe ni set that Parm to disable i could always program.. I had clicjked it by accident as i dont even have shutters..

also use the dropdown boxes ifthey are there and not just type A value. so for cruise control function set it to enable and then make the min / max speed something reasonasble like 35 minimum and 75 max and see if it will program.
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:25 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

thanks for your reply, I'm gonna try that.
The strange thing is, I can change all the other parameters except the cruise control. But I'm gonna check if there is one parameter that will give me the possibility to program the cruise control.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:29 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. I tried to enable/disable all functions, and they all didn't work.
What I found out is when I start the program and connect with the vehicle, the parameters list is really long, but when I open it up it deletes a lot of the parameters before you can even click on them.
Old 03-14-2020, 12:46 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Many people don't realize that the program button won't turn bold (to allow you to program) until you click off of the cell you just changed. Basically, you change the parameter value, then you click on another cell, then the program button will go bold to allow you to program.
Cruise control is not a restrictrd parameter for any International engine so I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to accomplish this. I've got a lot of experience with servicemaxx 1708 and international programming in general. Send me a private message if you need more help and We can prob get it fixed.
More Power is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise control, servicemaxx