Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2021, 01:09 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 2008
Coachwork: IH
Chassis: IC SB CE-300 39ft
Engine: DT466 w/Allison 2500
Rated Cap: 29500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
my Nexiq USBlink2 has worked on every bus ive ever plugged it into.. from 1994 all the way up to 2016 thus far.. Ive even plugged it into cars (using the OBD2 cable) and it works great..

not sure what they mean the nexiq cables dont work on older busses now..

theres members here using the clones on their busses without issue..
How old is your NexIQ? The seller told me the new units don't work with the older buses. I didn't ask for more details, since he said he will sell me a different cable that works and the sale comes with a one year warranty and 24 hour remote support.

Zork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 07:23 AM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
mine is from 2017, Nexiq USBlink 2 and it supports J1708 and J1939, I havent seen any info from Nexiq that they dont support both protocols.. the Nexiq device also supports ODB2 with the correct cable..

it could be some of the clones dont work right?

maybe there are certtain diagnostic manufacturer softwares that dont support the older engines.. but I know the Servicemaxx free version supports the 94-2007 engines..

some of the 2008 engines are supported by free servicemaxx (if they are Pre-Maxxforce)..

the Servicemaxx god mode supports 1994-2019 engines.. I used it on a 2010 Maxxforce DT, and have also used it on many earlier engines..

some of ther supposed Nexiq clones labelled as "USB link 2" are actually the hardware for the older USB link 1 inside the box.. ive heard of compatibility issues on newer stuff but not older..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 11:29 AM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 2008
Coachwork: IH
Chassis: IC SB CE-300 39ft
Engine: DT466 w/Allison 2500
Rated Cap: 29500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
mine is from 2017, Nexiq USBlink 2 and it supports J1708 and J1939, I havent seen any info from Nexiq that they dont support both protocols.. the Nexiq device also supports ODB2 with the correct cable..

it could be some of the clones dont work right?

maybe there are certtain diagnostic manufacturer softwares that dont support the older engines.. but I know the Servicemaxx free version supports the 94-2007 engines..

some of the 2008 engines are supported by free servicemaxx (if they are Pre-Maxxforce)..

the Servicemaxx god mode supports 1994-2019 engines.. I used it on a 2010 Maxxforce DT, and have also used it on many earlier engines..

some of ther supposed Nexiq clones labelled as "USB link 2" are actually the hardware for the older USB link 1 inside the box.. ive heard of compatibility issues on newer stuff but not older..
Hmm. I'm just going to use what the seller is offering with the computer and software. If it doesn't work I can always get a refund.
Zork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 10:30 PM   #24

Looking for a generic truck scanner to do international t444e and.maxxforce. seems like nexiq will do injector buzz test? Do all testing? Is the Chinese version any good? Trying not to spend 800$ any help would be great
bowlerman500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 08:13 AM   #25
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlerman500 View Post
Looking for a generic truck scanner to do international t444e and.maxxforce. seems like nexiq will do injector buzz test? Do all testing? Is the Chinese version any good? Trying not to spend 800$ any help would be great

alot of people here have had great luck with the chinese clones.. many even come with the older versions of the necessary software for checking engine and transmission codes which work great on our busses
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 09:10 AM   #26
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: BlueBird
Engine: T444E, Allison 2000
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
I'm kinda in the same boat as you but a little on the fence as they all say I need a Windows 7 32bit. Unfortunately I don't have a windows 7 OS but I believe people here have used the clone with Win 10??? I didn't really know that a close exists till I came here, was not something I really looked into.

I have used the real nixiq but can't for personal use, company policy. Also a little out of my price range($1500 Canadian after shipping,taxes, exchange, duty). I'm kinda waiting/ deciding or keeping an eye out on a local used deal. Also kinda debating the orion software but have not sat down to really read what it's all about, maybe if it can do all the functional tests plus a bump in power then it's the way to go. Gotta figure the dealer will charge "X" amount of money for the power up lift anyway.

I did see a knock off of the nexiq 1 for $300 Canadian on Amazon. Supports RP1210.

I own a OTC Genisys 4.0 with heavy duty standard. It's obsolete now and can say that while it does data stream and provide codes it has no functional tests on the heavy duty side. I have also tried Ancel products for heavy duty standard. Good again for data streaming, reading and clearing codes but really no functional tests.
Omnibot2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 12:58 PM   #27

i can get a win7 32bit easy for me but i wanted a scanner to do trucks without using a computer. so without buying like a diesel laptop for couple thousand any suggestions?
bowlerman500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 04:13 PM   #28
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: BlueBird
Engine: T444E, Allison 2000
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
i can get a win7 32bit easy for me but i wanted a scanner to do trucks without using a computer. so without buying like a diesel laptop for couple thousand any suggestions?

Only first hand "scanner" that I'm aware of is Snap-On and that is thousands. I've used them in multiple applications but I cannot say for sure if they will do a cylinder cut out test for what your asking for. Even the snap on had limitations. We always ended up falling back onto the nexiq and inline(for Cummins) and the software provided to us by the OEM with the yearly licensing.

We tried a Can-Do scanner, got nicknamed Can Don't in the shop. Again a couple thousand.

I think your stuck with getting a laptop, even a cheap used one. Purchase nexiq clone, download the software your looking for. Free from international to the best of my understanding. I thought I downloaded the file somewhere but cant find it.
Omnibot2000 is offline   Reply With Quote