Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2023, 05:15 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2008
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE 300 man. 2006
Engine: 2006 DT466 with egr
Rated Cap: 20 with 5 handicap
Dash replacement CE300

I have a CE 300 dt466 2008 model with 2006 engine.
The dash coolant temp gauge does not work. I just drove it home for the first time about an hour trip. Using bluefire I monitored the oil and coolant temps and they both stayed around 196 +- 3 degrees.
I would like to replace the dash cluster and have found several cheap used ones with the same p/n number, but they came from buses with VT365 engines. Does anyone know if this matters?
It seems like the dashes of this era are just "display" units without smarts, but I really don't know. Does anyone have insight to this?

t-chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 01:12 AM   #2
Almost There

Year: 2006
Chassis: CE200
Engine: International VT365
Rated Cap: 71 pass
It shouldn’t matter what engine was in it, either VT365 or DT466 if you have the older style cluster. Older ones as I’ve seen are just simply display units, but they do have some functionality to them such as “Warn Eng” but typically do not show anything beyond gear position and mileage. The button on the side of the cluster would show other options such as engine hours, trip miles, MPG and surprisingly instant MPG (though is extremely delayed)

When the CE series was changed over and equipped with the Maxxforce engines (Maxxforce 7 and Maxxforce DT) the instrument clusters were changed as well to the current ones used on brand new CE series buses at present. Now I’ve never seen a newer style instrument cluster taken out (mine is a 2006 CE200 with the VT365) but I think it should have the same connectors as the older style. The newer clusters however are equipped with other functions that pair with the Maxxforce engines and later engine options available on the CE series.
Flying I 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 10:26 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2008
Chassis: CE 300 man. 2006
Engine: 2006 DT466 with egr
Rated Cap: 20 with 5 handicap
Good news, thanks.
Hopefully that means it will be a relatively easy fix. It makes me nervous to not have a temp gauge.
t-chuck is offline   Reply With Quote