Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2022, 06:02 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT 466 Mech. Spicer 5 speed
Rated Cap: 34
Driveshaft Support Bearing-- paid too much$$$

Just wanted to rant a little.

Needed a support bearing for my 1996 International, the one that goes between the two piece driveshaft. Bearing was fine, the rubber had deteriorated. I tried to match one up on the internet, but could never be sure I had found the correct one. I finally gave in and went to the International dealer with my serial number and they had the part in stock. Like $112.00 out the door. Get home with the box and now I have the International part number and also a Ford part number--

International 2591049C91

Ford 4C4Z-4800-D

Genuine Ford part on Amazon $49.99. International part all over eBay for
$50.00.

I have had very little success finding sources for part numbers-- other than the dealer. And always after the fact.

Grrrrrrrr....!!!

PorchDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 07:48 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Chassis: TC2000 28ft
Engine: Cummins ISB 5.9 24v, MD3060
Rated Cap: 14
I had the same thing with my motor mount bushing. Bluebird wanted $300 for the part. I got out the caliper and browsed the internet to Barry controls site. Ordered 3 for $13 each. Only needed 1, but shipping was $12 and I have 3. Two are for the back mounts if the problem arises.

I will say that some other parts were a bit cheaper from bluebird than I could get elsewhere and I wouldnt have to guess if it was the right part.
fo4imtippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 12:37 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorchDog View Post
Just wanted to rant a little.

Needed a support bearing for my 1996 International, the one that goes between the two piece driveshaft. Bearing was fine, the rubber had deteriorated. I tried to match one up on the internet, but could never be sure I had found the correct one. I finally gave in and went to the International dealer with my serial number and they had the part in stock. Like $112.00 out the door. Get home with the box and now I have the International part number and also a Ford part number--

International 2591049C91

Ford 4C4Z-4800-D

Genuine Ford part on Amazon $49.99. International part all over eBay for
$50.00.

I have had very little success finding sources for part numbers-- other than the dealer. And always after the fact.

Grrrrrrrr....!!!
I wonder...since it's a bluebird on an International Chassis, does international keep those chassis records (vin number) so that maybe you can ask them for a build sheet?
You won't get specific part numbers but you will get the correct name/description of many of the parts on the chassis?

just a thought...
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 02:07 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT 466 Mech. Spicer 5 speed
Rated Cap: 34
That's a good question.

My bus came with the International chassis build sheets from the school, and I have quite a bit of info-- but no specific part numbers.
PorchDog is offline   Reply With Quote