Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2021, 11:02 PM   #41
Almost There

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: Dt466e
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermracing View Post
Same combo we have in our bus. We have the shorter tires (255/70x22.5) but given it was a handicap bus it has a flat floor with no wheel humps in the back. We have a 4.7:1 rear end and do about 65 at 2100rpm.

As for the limiter and cruise, you'll need to go to an International dealer/repair shop and have them plug it into their computer. We simply had the limiter removed although they could set it to whatever speed you want.

I also ended up relocating the cruise switches since their original location way over towards the center of the dash was not convenient when driving.
How much did that cost you?

!eslie.brewer.me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 12:37 PM   #42
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: RE 300
Engine: DT 466E EGR, 3000PTS
Rated Cap: 56 (coach seats)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
why even bother with the OEM? go 3rd party all the way.. screw the OEM...
contact PCM electronics, defeo, or any of the 3rd parties that have been discussed in numerous threads on this board.. thats how I would go about it...

Is there a list of all the third parties that offer unlock services? This would be a helpful thread/sticky to make for many since there are several of these threads on the forum. For some of us with 3000 series there are limited options.
Jonnie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:50 PM   #43
Bus Nut

Year: 2006
Chassis: IC CE300 (PB105)
Engine: DT466e @245hp | Allison 3000PTS
Rated Cap: 66
If anyone is going through Iowa City, IA and wants their programming/software governors on pre-Maxxforce Navistar engines changed, feel free to ping me... I have the NexIQ adapter and servicemax software. Takes about 5 minutes and I accept payment in light beer

EDIT: Talking about the governed speed/rpm's - not unlocking the Allison 6th. That's above my paygrade.
Attached Thumbnails
servicemax.jpg  
Dbacks2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 07:29 AM   #44
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Pb205
Chassis: Fe300
Engine: Dt466
Rated Cap: 76
Lufkin, texas
Pb205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 01:09 PM   #45
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1999
Chassis: International Genesis
Engine: Navistar D466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbacks2k4 View Post
If anyone is going through Iowa City, IA and wants their programming/software governors on pre-Maxxforce Navistar engines changed, feel free to ping me... I have the NexIQ adapter and servicemax software. Takes about 5 minutes and I accept payment in light beer

EDIT: Talking about the governed speed/rpm's - not unlocking the Allison 6th. That's above my paygrade.
Can we be friends??? I have a 99 international Genesis, 7.6 dt466. It's Front engine cab over, governed at 62 (based on my gps) the speedo is way off when it does work, so I think the tires were swapped for the taller ones. I know the trans was replaced by the previous owner- so maybe that is also impacting it.
At 61mph I'm usually at about 2200 rpm so I think it can handle maybe 70mph.
Delos356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 07:59 AM   #46
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delos356 View Post
Can we be friends??? I have a 99 international Genesis, 7.6 dt466. It's Front engine cab over, governed at 62 (based on my gps) the speedo is way off when it does work, so I think the tires were swapped for the taller ones. I know the trans was replaced by the previous owner- so maybe that is also impacting it.
At 61mph I'm usually at about 2200 rpm so I think it can handle maybe 70mph.
When going through parameters, it's important when you set the speed limiter to also correctly set the Tire Size (Revs per Mile), Gear Ratio, and Total Revs per Mile (Tire Size x Gear Ratio). This ensures that the ECM can correctly control the speed limiter. (See attached image)

In some applications, the gearing will have the Rev Limiter very close to the Speed Limiter. In your case, however, you should be able to push to around 72-73 MPH considering a 2650 RPM Rev Limit.
Attached Thumbnails
Orion - Parameters - Tire Size & Axle.jpg  
Power Hungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 08:03 AM   #47
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
When going through parameters, it's important when you set the speed limiter to also correctly set the Tire Size (Revs per Mile), Gear Ratio, and Total Revs per Mile (Tire Size x Gear Ratio). This ensures that the ECM can correctly control the speed limiter. (See attached image)

In some applications, the gearing will have the Rev Limiter very close to the Speed Limiter. In your case, however, you should be able to push to around 72-73 MPH considering a 2650 RPM Rev Limit.

the thing I found is that setting the pulses per mile is what the ECM uses most for the speedometer on the dash and the limiter..

setting the gear ratio and revs per mile as well as final drive seems to affect how aggressive the computer is when running the cruise control..

the regular servicemaxx cannot reset the RPM governor, only the god mode servicemaxx or a real tuning tool like Orion can set the RPM limiter or Horsepower settings..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 08:59 AM   #48
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1999
Chassis: International Genesis
Engine: Navistar D466
Quote:
the thing I found is that setting the pulses per mile is what the ECM uses most for the speedometer on the dash and the limiter..

setting the gear ratio and revs per mile as well as final drive seems to affect how aggressive the computer is when running the cruise control..

the regular servicemaxx cannot reset the RPM governor, only the god mode servicemaxx or a real tuning tool like Orion can set the RPM limiter or Horsepower settings..

I know some of these words...
Delos356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 09:14 AM   #49
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pb205 View Post
Hello all,
New to the community. I googled and googed 'til my googler was sore and still haven't found what it is I'm looking for.

I just picked up a 2005 IC FE300 with the DT466 and Allison 2000 combo. The bus is a beast but is stopped cold by a 60mph/2100rpm limiter. Anyone have any suggestions on best way/least expensive way to overcome this limit?

In the South Eastern Texas area.

Thanks in advance!
Orion Reflash System using Orion Lite application will allow you to change your parameters, including the Speed Limiter.

Orion Reflash System for Navistar® - Power Hungry Performance
Old 06-07-2022, 09:19 AM   #50
Commercial Member

Quote:

So one thing I found is that if you don't get the Revs per Mile values close to what the actual Tire Size x Gear Ratio calculation comes out to, it can set a Engine Warn light. I've had that happen on two customer's vehicles after they adjust their Tire Size but didn't correct the Revs per Mile.

I didn't know that about the Cruise Control / Speedo. Good info to have!

Tags
dt466, dt466e, governor, rpm, speed