Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2022, 10:05 AM   #1

Year: 2000
Coachwork: AmTram
Engine: DT466E HT
Question DT466e ECU Flash

Hi,

I have a DT466e with the i530 turbo and radiator, also a pacbrake. I'd like to have my ECU reflashed from the stock 215HP map to a higher HP map and additionally enable the pacbrake and cruise control functionality. Does anybody have suggestions on how to go about having this done and where I might have the best luck?

Thanks!

Synx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 04:43 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx View Post
Hi,

I have a DT466e with the i530 turbo and radiator, also a pacbrake. I'd like to have my ECU reflashed from the stock 215HP map to a higher HP map and additionally enable the pacbrake and cruise control functionality. Does anybody have suggestions on how to go about having this done and where I might have the best luck?

Thanks!

getting a Horsepower upgrade from the Dealer is HE double L.. I would contact bill at power-hungry performance and get an Orion tuner for it.. it will let you set Horsepower levels from mild to wild and also change any other parameter that you want to change in the ECM.. if the Pacbrake functionality is part of the ECM youd be able tio turn it on assuming you wired it like factory to the correct Pins and connectors..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 07:24 PM   #3

Thanks cadillackid, much appreciated. Wish there was an open source community for these engines. In a prior life as part of a Subaru community, we had loads of open source tools available for ECU flashing. The community completely reverse engineered the ECU and factory maps.

Have you seen people have any luck with International dealers at least unlocking cruise and potentially this PacBrake (prior owner told me it was wired up to factory pins but I'll need to verify).
Old 08-15-2022, 07:28 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx View Post
Thanks cadillackid, much appreciated. Wish there was an open source community for these engines. In a prior life as part of a Subaru community, we had loads of open source tools available for ECU flashing. The community completely reverse engineered the ECU and factory maps.

Have you seen people have any luck with International dealers at least unlocking cruise and potentially this PacBrake (prior owner told me it was wired up to factory pins but I'll need to verify).

there are places to "obtain" God-mode service-maxx , which can program any parameter including the EFRC code and HP rating.. cruise can be changed wit hthe free software navistar gives away, I dont kn ow about the PAC-Brake.. ive never tried to look at that.. mine is a T444E which I dont think had the option for PAC-Brake so I have never seen a setting for it.
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 08:08 PM   #5

rgr that, thanks again!