Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #81
Bus Nut

Been looking at a switchblade turbo
Basically you can oversize the compressor housing for flow rate and not a high psi boost. But the boost comes on a lot quicker due to his housing design
Just not sure what a 2200rds Allison will take.

And I have a guy who can reflash for me.

Seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:46 PM   #82
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466E Allison 3000
Rated Cap: 84 Kids/56 Adults
I read this while thread but forgot if this info was included. HT models pre 1999 (maybe post 99 too) have a 4.3" bore. The ST models have a 4.59" bore. I assume this because my 230HP 99 motor has a 4.3" bore and my 2001 block has a 4.59" bore (I dont know the rating, the tag was missing). Thoughts?
Old 01-18-2021, 08:44 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Sounds like on an E version the differences are just programming until you get to the HT series. From what I can find the turbo and other bits are the same on the ST's.
We'll see sooner or later. One way or another we're replacing or rebuilding this DT by the end of the year.
I know this is an extremely old thread but I believe the differences between the ht and st are very simple until the later years. I know this because my 97 was a St engine until I rebuilt it with a ht rebuild kit. No modifications had to be made to the engine. The differences were the pistons from st to ht. That along with 70% over injectors it runs strong and builds 44 lbs of boost. That is with factory 210 hp rating ecm which I'm getting ready to try the 250hp ecm since mine is shot. Also, we have a 95 model with the 230hp mechanical engine in it and it is a ht engine and i just rebuilt it a few months ago and it is really strong with the p pump tweaked a little. Both engines have same style pistons now. It looks like i could put the mechanical head, front cover, pump and little things and have a mechanical engine which have less problems. Bottom ends look exactly the same. Anyone have any other info like if they've tried ecm swaps or anything?
J466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:00 PM   #84
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2002
Chassis: IC RE300
Engine: DT466E (250HP/880TQ) / MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
I know this is an older thread, but in the event someone else is looking, I just called the international dealer and gave them the last 9#s of my vin and assuming your bus has the original motor, they can tell you the build.

They also mentioned that the DT466E was not often made with a high torque (HT) option unless it was a special order.
halfdime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:41 PM   #85

Year: 2000
Coachwork: International
Engine: DT466E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdoctor View Post
If
You have the Allison New world transmissions with the 466e. The transmission can be adjusted to run in several
Modes- economy or option 1 or 2 ( the same engines combinations are in cement mixers and are turned into 4 speeds where another truck can be a 6 speed. The adjustments can be added or adjusted in the transmissions ecm. That might be the difference with your starts feeling different in the two trucks. Just a thought. The economy mode in one of my trucks shifts 200rpm sooner, versus the “non-economy” selection.
How do I know which model our 3800 DT466e is? I’m trying to find all the hop and torque information and having no luck.
RedDirtSkoolin is offline   Reply With Quote