Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2019, 08:35 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Amtrans
Chassis: Genesis
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 20 (9 window handicap)
Identify filter and maint procedure

I have this filter under the bus, when I first glanced at it, I thought it was probably a fuel water separator because of the drain on the bottom, but looking at the hoses going into it, looks more like coolant sized lines.

It also looks like it comes apart, so should probably be serviced, but since I want to make sure I know what the proper procedure is to service it before I take it apart (and potentially make a huge mess), I thought I would admit my ignorance and ask the group for help.

When I opened the valve at the bottom, and a couple of drips came out. Didn't smell like anything, not sure if that was because not enough came out, or if it was simply water.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
20190704_191933.jpg  

Tigerman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:23 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Amtrans
Chassis: Genesis
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 20 (9 window handicap)
Well, I finally got my head up high enough under the bus that I could see a label was attached. Managed to clean it with my thumb but couldn't get my head up high enough to actually read it. So nice that these days you can just poke a smart phone up there and take a blind photo.

Its a CCV Crankcase Ventilation Filter, and someone who has been working on school buses was nice enough to tell me that they change them ever 10k miles at their shop.
Attached Thumbnails
20190707_182738.jpg  
Tigerman67 is offline   Reply With Quote