Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2022, 10:15 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: International
Chassis: IC PB10500 CE300
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 48
I made an api for the j1939. still much to be done.

Yogis House

kevinstotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 06:44 AM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinstotz View Post
I made an api for the j1939. still much to be done.

Yogis House

this is pretty bad ass stuff!!

what device are you talking to your J1939 with? a DIY or using a bluefire and grabbing the raw data from the datalink?
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 08:40 AM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: International
Chassis: IC PB10500 CE300
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 48
I used the hdv100a3 to grab the data.
But that one is only so good. I managed to store the data in MySQL and parse it to draw graphs.i can do it in the fly as well, but I need to parse out the dip records.

The next step is to make it usable for different adapters. It seems they all put out the data a bit different.

I also purchased a Bluetooth adapter, will make that work as well.

I am thinking of adding a producer/consumer option so one can feed the data and pull it down without the risk of losing data and easing the load

There might also be an opportunity for adding other obd cod s from other vehicles. This data surrounding the other vehicles is pretty scattered about the Internet.

What are your thoughts
kevinstotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 09:09 AM   #24
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinstotz View Post
I used the hdv100a3 to grab the data.
But that one is only so good. I managed to store the data in MySQL and parse it to draw graphs.i can do it in the fly as well, but I need to parse out the dip records.

The next step is to make it usable for different adapters. It seems they all put out the data a bit different.

I also purchased a Bluetooth adapter, will make that work as well.

I am thinking of adding a producer/consumer option so one can feed the data and pull it down without the risk of losing data and easing the load

There might also be an opportunity for adding other obd cod s from other vehicles. This data surrounding the other vehicles is pretty scattered about the Internet.

What are your thoughts

part of the issue is the proprietary data points.. apparently navistar and CAT both have quite a few.. in the case of my Navistar they send more on the 1708 interface than they do on the 1939.. on the later stuff the Maxxforce 2007-2009 that were stil HEUI engines they sent the ICP / IPR related SPN's in a completely one-off PGN that is request only.. and of course those are some important data points if tuning an engine or trying to diagnose a driveability issue or why a code sets..

in the case of the 1708 navistar uses PID 154 / 155 / 164 .. of those only 164 is industry standard... the only way I knew of 154 and 155 and how to decode them are because i have the source-code to their Diagnostic software (servicemaxx)..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote