Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2020, 03:11 PM   #101
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
As an interested bystander, I'd like for those involved to post general information about the product ... AS LONG AS IT IS OKAY TO DO SO from a product development standpoint. To me, real-life reviews as the product is being tested mean so much more than the "testamonials" selected to be on a product webpage.

Power Hungry ... this would be your call all the way.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 11:00 AM   #102
Commercial Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
As an interested bystander, I'd like for those involved to post general information about the product ... AS LONG AS IT IS OKAY TO DO SO from a product development standpoint. To me, real-life reviews as the product is being tested mean so much more than the "testamonials" selected to be on a product webpage.

Power Hungry ... this would be your call all the way.
Honestly, I would love for people to post feedback on the software, interface, tuning, or anything else that pertains to this. It helps the community as a whole and also offers other outside of the testing group to provide comments or suggestions.

I would ask that in the event of any possible mishaps (blanked PCM, poor performance, software install issues, etc.) that the testers be considerate and keep in mind that this is a testing phase. We extensively test everything in house under as many conditions and in as many environments as possible. However, this is the real world and things can happen unexpectedly. We'd appreciate our testers refraining from any overtly negative comments until we've been given the opportunity to resolve any issues.

To that end, we have a specific group on our personal forum for our BETA testers, but will be happy to set up and contribute to a specific thread on here so that everything remains aboveboard and other members get the benefits as well.

I'm excited for this opportunity for a company and a forum to work together in the interests of the community and greatly appreciate skoolie.net for letting this happen.

Thanks!
Power Hungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 12:39 PM   #103
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I’m looking forward to this if I get chosen, esp since I’m looking to do some other enhancements to my engine as well. (Injectors and turbo )...

This very well could be the ticket to actually taking advantage of aftermarket power adders.. I get asked a couple times weekly if my “special “ servicemaxx can turn up various engines.. DT466E usually .. sometimes I can but often the engines are already at the top tier of what servicemaxx can do.. this very well can be a product to get these guys what they need .. school busses are a small part of it.. there is a Facebook forum for IH S series and 4000 series trucks, and also a specific DT466E Facebook group where you can find people with all kinds of varied transmissions, axle ratios, weights, etc.. as well as the 466e standard toque and the 466e high torque (each has different hardware) and of course the 444e.

Hopefully you create a nice feedback site where testers can post recordings , data, videos, and the like of your product in operation..

I also suggest anyone who is taking part to install an EGT gauge simply because you are using a power adder and EGT with a diesel is important.. PHP may not require it but it’s surely a seriously good piece of info to have
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:53 PM   #104
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
Hopefully you create a nice feedback site where testers can post recordings , data, videos, and the like of your product in operation..

I also suggest anyone who is taking part to install an EGT gauge simply because you are using a power adder and EGT with a diesel is important.. PHP may not require it but it’s surely a seriously good piece of info to have
So our forum will have a dedicated page for BETA Testers only as well as a general Orion page where people can post pretty much whatever they want. We allow for hi-res photos and we also have YouTube embedding for videos, so it would be really cool. All BETA testers will be given the information for our site. This helps both the support aspect as well as the promotional aspect of our product. Naturally, we want people to post on here as well.

As the testing goes, we ALWAYS recommend using a pyrometer when doing any type of power adder, especially on heavier vehicles. It's just cheap insurance and really helps to tailor your tuning to the driving environment.

Now, I'm not going to force people to install one, but let's just say that it is S-T-R-O-N-G-L-Y advised and will definitely help in the consideration for BETA testing since EGTs are an extremely valuable feedback point.

Anyway, great suggestion. And so you know, you've already been accepted as a BETA tester and I'll be calling you later this week to have a chat.

Take care.
Power Hungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:12 AM   #105
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Vista 3600
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 24000 lbs
Well I was planning on installing an EGT regardless

so now I wait to see if I get one of Wonka's Golden Tickets

RolesvilleMarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:04 AM   #106
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
So our forum will have a dedicated page for BETA Testers only as well as a general Orion page where people can post pretty much whatever they want. We allow for hi-res photos and we also have YouTube embedding for videos, so it would be really cool. All BETA testers will be given the information for our site. This helps both the support aspect as well as the promotional aspect of our product. Naturally, we want people to post on here as well.

As the testing goes, we ALWAYS recommend using a pyrometer when doing any type of power adder, especially on heavier vehicles. It's just cheap insurance and really helps to tailor your tuning to the driving environment.

Now, I'm not going to force people to install one, but let's just say that it is S-T-R-O-N-G-L-Y advised and will definitely help in the consideration for BETA testing since EGTs are an extremely valuable feedback point.

Anyway, great suggestion. And so you know, you've already been accepted as a BETA tester and I'll be calling you later this week to have a chat.

Take care.

im looking forward to it! if you have tried to call.. last couple days i was driving Busses through blinding rainstorms so I just let the phone ring.. wow some of the worst rainy conditions ive driven in a long time.. esp in 40 foot Rear engine busses.. a little bit of Servicemaxx and cat ET fun made those busses take the hills like champs

love the fact you are going to have embedding of pics and vids.. always makes power-adding more fun!!
Old 10-30-2020, 03:48 PM   #107
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: 3000 / 33' Flat Nose
Engine: IC T444E / Allison MT643
Rated Cap: 72 Kids / 48 Adults
Interested in testing

I have a 2000 IC 3000 with a T444E and MT643. I swapped out my 5.10 rear end with a 4.10 and need to calibrate my speedometer.

Yet, I also am very interested in learning how to interact with my T444E for trouble shooting and possible running for increased general performance.

Ive worked as a tech support person and my neighbor has a good background in diesel (all he drives) and wed make a good testing team.

Please feel free to contact me directly at sforeaker@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Steve
Simplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 06:41 AM   #108
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Chassis: International
Is there a particular EGT kit that is recommended? I can go ahead and get it ordered and installed.
Diverdude0075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 07:01 AM   #109
Bus Geek

gauges are a preference.. I like autometer gauges .. I typically dont skimp on gauges.. perhaps bill can recommend one too that he has used also.. the ford 7.3 guys swear by PHP's hydra tuner and most have EGT gauges..

this is the one I installed.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Auto-Meter/105/3646/10002/-1

there are lots of different ones out there .
-Christopher
Old 11-07-2020, 04:36 PM   #110
Mini-Skoolie

I remember commenting on your video a year ago!
coolcraftnet18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 07:49 PM   #111

Chassis: INT 4700 low pro crew hauler
Engine: int, dt 530, auto
Rated Cap: 20k
performance upgrades

New guy here
While trying to find up grades I ran across this forum, hope I`m ok here.
I have recently purchased a 97 4700 w/dt530 allison 6spd ( I know its not a skoolie) but thought I`d ask.
I would be very much int in your programing. my wife retires in a cpl months and we plan on spending a lot more time on the road.
I would be in a position to provide ongoing feedback while we enjoy the open road.
If you have nothing at the moment I would def be int in any future plans.
thx
AJ
ajcantarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 08:03 PM   #112
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcantarella View Post
New guy here
While trying to find up grades I ran across this forum, hope I`m ok here.
I have recently purchased a 97 4700 w/dt530 allison 6spd ( I know its not a skoolie) but thought I`d ask.
I would be very much int in your programing. my wife retires in a cpl months and we plan on spending a lot more time on the road.
I would be in a position to provide ongoing feedback while we enjoy the open road.
If you have nothing at the moment I would def be int in any future plans.
thx
AJ
Great truck 26 foot box? Air ride ??
Seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 06:31 PM   #113

thx
98 4700 dt 530,auto low pro crew cab with a custom hauler bed.
can`t figure out how to post pics
Old 01-24-2021, 08:27 AM   #114
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Chassis: international
Engine: t444e
Rated Cap: short
Hi any progress with this?
syntaxterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:22 AM   #115
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: F350 Super Duty
Engine: T444E, 7.3
Rated Cap: 11,000lbs
Re:Testers wanted

I got an email wanting my phone number saying that the owner if I am remembering right would call with a few questions to see if I was a good candidate for the program. I of course supplied it, but I never heard anything back from them. I can only imagine the overwhelming response that they received by the gang on skoolie's forum alone, and they probably looked in a few more places too. But, keep trying to contact them. It took me a little while to get a response from them. Good luck!
Chaos0812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:38 AM   #116
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Rated Cap: 14
Last I heard the beta test group was full, and the system was still actively being developed, just taking a bit longer than expected.
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:02 AM   #117
Bus Nut

Chassis: Vista 3600
Rated Cap: 24000 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_SwiftFur View Post
Last I heard the beta test group was full, and the system was still actively being developed, just taking a bit longer than expected.

no reason to follow this thread anymore then I guess

If it becomes a finished product will see what it costs and what it can actually do to see before I decide if I would want or need it.
RolesvilleMarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:12 AM   #118

performance upgrades

Hey Folks
I`m looking for a little direction here.
I have a 1998 int low pro 4700 dt 530/allison behind it. Two questions here.

1) I pull my 5th wheel with this truck, and looking to do an increase in power safely. Currently I`m at 275, could use a tad more on long grades, I am hoping for some good suggestions?

2) My cruise limit is set at 85mph but will not go higher than 63, speed is set at 125, and I have had the truck to 95 unloaded, I would like to be able to set about 70-75, saves the foot.

any help would be appreciated
Old 07-22-2021, 04:08 PM   #119
Skoolie

Year: 2006
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: IC FE 9 Window
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 29850
First Day of Testing

Hi All,

Bill worked out the issues with flashing the "two box" ECM on my 2004 DT466E and the results are impressive. For those of us with this setup the ECM flashing procedure now requires pilling the fuse for the ABS computer and for those with 3000 series Alisons pulling the TCM fuse too. My understanding is the two box units are used on engine years 2004-2006.

The bus clearly has more pull and I don't need to go to "full throttle" when pulling away from a red light. I found myself backing off the peddle as the engine seemed to have more then required.

Additionally, acceleration from 35-60MPH was much brisker and I did not have the feeling I had before of waiting for the bus to catch up to the speed I wanted. It feels more like a loaded pickup truck experience than a bus.

IC FE300, 9 window, 29ft long, Alison 2550PTS

My guess is current weight is 12,000lbs
PeteinSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 04:11 PM   #120
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteinSF View Post
Hi All,

Bill worked out the issues with flashing the "two box" ECM on my 2004 DT466E and the results are impressive. For those of us with this setup the ECM flashing procedure now requires pilling the fuse for the ABS computer and for those with 3000 series Alisons pulling the TCM fuse too. My understanding is the two box units are used on engine years 2004-2006.

The bus clearly has more pull and I don't need to go to "full throttle" when pulling away from a red light. I found myself backing off the peddle as the engine seemed to have more then required.

Additionally, acceleration from 35-60MPH was much brisker and I did not have the feeling I had before of waiting for the bus to catch up to the speed I wanted. It feels more like a loaded pickup truck experience than a bus.

IC FE300, 9 window, 29ft long, Alison 2550PTS

My guess is current weight is 12,000lbs
My 5 window shorty probably weighs a couple thou more than that. try and get over to a scale for a real world weight #.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote