Originally Posted by MagicCharlie
I forgot to mention replacing the sensor was the first thing i did. I dont have servicemaxx so maybe acquiring a monitoring system will be my next indeavor. The wires were pretty tore up more like they had been ripped out then cut. It is in a tight spot so i could see that being the case if someone pulled a little too hard. If the signal is indeed still out of range low im still leaning towards potential resistance in my wiring harness. I did recently service my dpf and dtc because i originally thought that was the issue. Which ultimately could have blew a manifold gasket if they were clogged? Is there ways to test a leaky gasket?
First pull the sensor and make sure the tube is clean. Some blow air, use brake clean into the tube. I've used mechanic wire and physically clean the tube as far as I can go. Just don't keep jamming the wire into the tube. You don't want to get it stuck and break it in there.
The idea is to make sure the tube flows freely. They can and do carbon up. The EBP tube goes as far back as my OBS powerstroke. When fuel milage tanks. Check the EBP tube for blockage.
If good, next think to look for is a cracked or leaking bellow pipe. I've had them come in completely broken. Don't know how people can drive with them things broken choking on exhaust fumes in the cab. A leaking one is the first to look at. The manifolds to head. Just look around for soot stains around the manifolds.
That's where I would start. Leaks between the cylinder head up to the turbo generally triggers the code from my experience. Then start looking at the turbo.