Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2023, 01:58 AM   #1

Maxforce 7 pinout

Before you tell me I made a bad choice, I know. And will be gearing up to likely swap engine in the future. But for now am looking for someone with the ecm pinout.

2009 international maxforce 7 with allison 2000

Had issues with ebp being out of range low, took a look around and found 2 wires for the sensor were disconnected. Reconnected wires and everything was dandy until i hit 3rd gear, and boom, dtc 3341 active again. Voltage checks out with KOEO. No issues when starting and idling, if i can get the bus over 60 mph (down a hill), light turns off, back down to 55 lights on again.

Mostly looking for pinout but advice is appreciated.

MagicCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 07:17 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
are you getting normal boost values? a leaky exhaust manifold gasket will trigger that code.. if the readings are completely erratic around 55, id look at the sensor itself being possibly bad (unless it looks new).. im guessing since the wire was disconnected, someone else experienced the same code.

if you have servicemaxx connected you can watch the EBP actual value as you drive.
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 10:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
are you getting normal boost values? a leaky exhaust manifold gasket will trigger that code.. if the readings are completely erratic around 55, id look at the sensor itself being possibly bad (unless it looks new).. im guessing since the wire was disconnected, someone else experienced the same code.

if you have servicemaxx connected you can watch the EBP actual value as you drive.

I forgot to mention replacing the sensor was the first thing i did. I dont have servicemaxx so maybe acquiring a monitoring system will be my next indeavor. The wires were pretty tore up more like they had been ripped out then cut. It is in a tight spot so i could see that being the case if someone pulled a little too hard. If the signal is indeed still out of range low im still leaning towards potential resistance in my wiring harness. I did recently service my dpf and dtc because i originally thought that was the issue. Which ultimately could have blew a manifold gasket if they were clogged? Is there ways to test a leaky gasket?
MagicCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 08:23 PM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E, Allison 2000
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicCharlie View Post
I forgot to mention replacing the sensor was the first thing i did. I dont have servicemaxx so maybe acquiring a monitoring system will be my next indeavor. The wires were pretty tore up more like they had been ripped out then cut. It is in a tight spot so i could see that being the case if someone pulled a little too hard. If the signal is indeed still out of range low im still leaning towards potential resistance in my wiring harness. I did recently service my dpf and dtc because i originally thought that was the issue. Which ultimately could have blew a manifold gasket if they were clogged? Is there ways to test a leaky gasket?
First pull the sensor and make sure the tube is clean. Some blow air, use brake clean into the tube. I've used mechanic wire and physically clean the tube as far as I can go. Just don't keep jamming the wire into the tube. You don't want to get it stuck and break it in there.

The idea is to make sure the tube flows freely. They can and do carbon up. The EBP tube goes as far back as my OBS powerstroke. When fuel milage tanks. Check the EBP tube for blockage.

If good, next think to look for is a cracked or leaking bellow pipe. I've had them come in completely broken. Don't know how people can drive with them things broken choking on exhaust fumes in the cab. A leaking one is the first to look at. The manifolds to head. Just look around for soot stains around the manifolds.

That's where I would start. Leaks between the cylinder head up to the turbo generally triggers the code from my experience. Then start looking at the turbo.
Omnibot2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 04:54 PM   #5

Year: 2007
Coachwork: US Bus
Chassis: Chevy Express
Engine: 6.6 liter duramax
Rated Cap: 10+4 wheelchairs
Maxxforce 7 EBP LOW diagnostics

I may be able to supply you with the diagnostic procedures for the code. I have access to the Navistar service portal. I can get you the engine wiring schematic for that engine. I would need the last 8 digits of the vin to do so.
NestoRides514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 04:58 PM   #6

Year: 2007
Coachwork: US Bus
Chassis: Chevy Express
Engine: 6.6 liter duramax
Rated Cap: 10+4 wheelchairs
Most exhaust leaks on that engine will sound list a whistling sound when your accelerating, also check for black soot accumulation in surrounding areas.
NestoRides514 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebp, maxforce 7, pinout