Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2020, 09:50 PM   #1

Maxxforce DPF EGR delete

Guys I hope someone can help me.
I am having so much headache with Maxxforce emission systems.
Constant DPF regens, EGR failures and so on.
It's more in the shop than on the road.
Considering the fact that our vehicles are exempt from emission regulations, I decided to delete them.
That is how I found this forum, googling for Maxxforce delete.
I found this company online https://truckecmtunes.com/internatio...cr-delete.html , and I am pretty close to bite the bullet and get their delete tune. I already have the needed diagnostic tools, Nexiq usb link.

I am wondering did anyone use them?
The main advantage is that they can do the software upgrade over internet.
Other companies require me to ship the ECM, and they cut the ECM open to get to internal parts. To be honest, I would try to avoid that.

The product that I am looking at is
https://truckecmtunes.com/internatio...te-tuning.html

Any hint would be helpful!
Since the cold days came, it is getting worse and worse with this DPF bullshit.

PeterMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 07:45 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Integrated Coach Corp.
Chassis: RE-300 42ft
Engine: 466ci
Rated Cap: 90
I have an '09 MaxxForker bus that is registered Agricultural (also exempt). Please, keep us posted with your progress as I may follow your lead.
DeMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 10:00 PM   #3

So, we bit the bullet and tried the service.
It took them about 30min to get the ECM programmed, through dash port using Nexiq usb link. After that we did all the work according their instructions. We blanked the EGR, straight piped exhaust (we custom made the exhaust, since we didn't want to drill DPF).
So far it is performing perfect, no issues at all.
I hope this information will be useful for other members for are dealing with same problems as I do.
If you have any questions please ask, I don't visit forums often, but as soon as I see the notification will try to connect and give an answer.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:33 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 2013
Chassis: IC RE
Engine: HT570 / 3500SP
Rated Cap: 4
A good and knowledgeable friend of mine said it is not possible to delete these engines remotely, the ECU has to be removed and opened. I guess he was wrong.
How did you blanked the EGR? From the crossover pipe?
How did you deal with the DSI?
Thanks for sharing
ABBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:51 AM   #5

I put block off plates. Had them built at our machine shop.
One plate goes on hot side, the other on cold (intake).
I didn't deal with DSI, I used https://truckecmtunes.com
Old 01-29-2021, 11:36 AM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 2013
Chassis: IC RE
Engine: HT570 / 3500SP
Rated Cap: 4
Okay.
$2,800 is a lot of money but I guess it is what one has to pay if he doesn't want to remove the ECM from the bus
ABBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 02:08 PM   #7
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE 40 FEET
Engine: Cummins 8.3
Just remember one of the reasons that the price is so high is that when, not if, the EPA comes down on them the fines are in the millions. This way they can pay up. Think of it as a donation to the EPA. Both EPA and CARB have their "investigators" watching the forums and making purchases to gather "evidence" to make their "convictions" what a racket.
s2mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:05 PM   #8
Bus Crazy

S2mikon speaks of rats and trolls. Ironic. EPA does not enforce on Ag equipment. As you may have read, Petermaxx is ag exempt.
Do you have emissions equipment?
Is your vehicle registered ag exempt?
Are you an informant?
You missed some info back there, g-man.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:52 PM   #9
Bus Crazy

I know why you all want this crap off your rigs it is un reliable. I get it. I have had to run it and work on it. But it is still a violation of federal law. Even ag and industrial diesel powered equipment is now in the program. It is called non road or stationary sources. The EPA has been hammering these tuners for a while now. My neighbor bought a Bully Dog for his Dodge and now he can't get get support because the parent company Performance Diesel Inc. just got wacked by the EPA. I'm old enough to remember back in the 70's when this crap was put on all the cars. I made a lot of money taking it off and retuning them. The states response was to start smog check programs. Diesel vehicles are going to be next. It is already starting in truck scales in various parts of the country. This is the data collection phase. Next will be the enforcement phase. So keep your old parts you may have to put them back on.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:24 PM   #10
Bus Crazy

I can tell I irritated some of you with my post #7 but I was just trying to make a point as to the cost. Why in the hell is it so expensive? The other thing that I can't wrap my head around is why anyone would provide their isp, ip, meid and vin# in order to break the law. When PDI and all the others got busted the EPA and DOJ seized all their records. They know their customers too. Have any of you heard of parallel construction? If not you should research it. I won't expend the bandwidth here. Do you find something odd about the number of trucks that have been pulled in at scales “randomly” and found to have tampered emissions? After all the vin# is on the side of every truck. Computer databases are quite fast now. It does make me wonder. If you make a block off plate in your shop only you will know about it. If you create a program to hack your ecm only will know about it. Right? But if you put it on the internet to sell, the EPA will know about it. If we discuss it on the internet, the EPA will know about it. I'm a ham radio operator and I have seen some of the forum chatter about using ham radio in a SHTF / armed revolt situation. Guess what right after the January 6 capital event the FCC issued a statement about just that. Don't think the Feds are watching? Think again. These are large fines. We also have a new administration and I think that President Hindenburg is going to give the EPA, and every other alphabet agency full support. Take care my friends.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:59 PM   #11
Bus Crazy

Except the big outfits and dot scales, sound far fetched, but who knows what the future holds.

Maybe we will see evidence of this boogeyman EPA going out to farms. The feds better hire some enforcement folks to go knocking on barn doors and searching for illegal engine devices. What a bunch of bologna.

Do you know how many retired buses are used for melons, goats, migrant workers. I don't. Neither do the feds. Hahaha. You watch too much tv.

How does that quote go...
Those who say it can't be done should get out if the way of those who are doing it.
Old 01-29-2021, 06:20 PM   #12
Bus Crazy

Can you use red diesel too?
Old 06-08-2023, 12:01 PM   #13

Petermax, I have a 2010 international maxxforce 7, what sensors did you unplug after deleting the dpf what did you do with your exhaust, did you just drill through your dpf? and how is the bus currently doing?
clasejf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 06:43 PM   #14
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: El Dorado Fiberglass
Chassis: Ford E450
Engine: V10 Gas
Note the thread is a couple of years old...easy to miss if you're new to the forum.
Rucker is offline   Reply With Quote