Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2022, 06:08 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2006
Chassis: IC CE300 (PB105)
Engine: DT466e @245hp | Allison 3000PTS
Rated Cap: 66
Navistar OnCommand Parts Database

I've been banging my head on this one for a while. Usually when I need parts I have to email my local International dealer with my VIN, wait for them to try to find what I'm looking for, get me a quote (that's usually ridiculously marked up) then go look online for interchange part numbers, then finally do my online shopping to find what I want.

Then tonight, I found this:
https://repairlinkshop.com/HeavyDuty...rtlist/split/0
Just register, select a dealer (can be anyone whether you use them or not)
Once logged in, create a "cart name" - can be anything - then click the Open Catalog button

Then, boom, you're in Oncommand. See your build sheet, look for parts, whatever.

I hope this helps someone else out there too!
Attached Thumbnails
screen1.PNG   screen2.PNG  

Dbacks2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 09:51 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
We use repair link, and oncommand through it, in the shop all the time for OE parts. I thought you had to have a business name, tax id, and vendors license though to even register on repairlink, but it's been several years since I've done it.

It's nice to have access, but some of it is quirky in finding the right part, and IIRC it only goes back to like 2000 or something, and is pretty limited until 2005 or so.
Old 03-04-2022, 04:54 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Chassis: IC CE300 (PB105)
Engine: DT466e @245hp | Allison 3000PTS
Rated Cap: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyah45828 View Post
We use repair link, and oncommand through it, in the shop all the time for OE parts. I thought you had to have a business name, tax id, and vendors license though to even register on repairlink, but it's been several years since I've done it.

It's nice to have access, but some of it is quirky in finding the right part, and IIRC it only goes back to like 2000 or something, and is pretty limited until 2005 or so.
The first screen you have to hit is "shops register here" and it will ask for a company name and your position. I operate a fleet so put in my LLC name and set myself as "owner" but there wasn't any validation with an EIN or required upload of a busines license or anything like that. I don't see a reason an individual couldn't register as themselves for access unless it was against the EULA or Terms of Use (I honestly didn't read it that close )

It's definitely quirky and takes some experimentation to get used to it. I think I saw somewhere it goes back to 98 or something like that. Some of the parts it will show multiple options depending on what options were available with a particular setup or the build year if some things changed.

Definitely not perfect or for the faint of heart. But handy for experienced or hands on guys/gals who don't want to wait 3 days for a dealer quote - especially when you're looking for parts on a holiday weekend lol.
Dbacks2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 05:29 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
it shows parts for my 99 / 00 red bus.. didnt bring up my 1978 Loadstar though.. I didnt have the VIN handy for the 91, ill try that at some point for fun
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 03:19 PM   #5

Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466 210HP/2600 GOV
Rated Cap: 16+4
Day 2 messing around with oncommand and it's already immensely helpful... thanks! Both seeing the diagrams of my bus components and also finding specific parts online at like 1/3 the cost of the dealership's quote... good share
QuixotryHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 03:46 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
I had forgotten about this post, thanks for refreshing it!

I created an account but before you are able to use it it requires you to call the parts dept. of the dealership you selected. I guess that so they can turn you on on their side?

Got to wait till the morning for that!
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 09:46 AM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewo1 View Post
I had forgotten about this post, thanks for refreshing it!

I created an account but before you are able to use it it requires you to call the parts dept. of the dealership you selected. I guess that so they can turn you on on their side?

Got to wait till the morning for that!
Is this what you mean? Pic showing my error.

Does this mean they don't have my info or they have to enable it at the dealership?
Attached Thumbnails
repairlink.jpg  
nikitis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
navistar, oncommand, parts