Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2022, 07:51 PM   #1

No crank issue, advice please.

I have a 2011 international IC CE Maxxforce 7 with 75,000 miles on it.

I started it up fine 10ish days ago but when driving I noticed resistance shifting from park, reverse, and drive when exiting the driveway. I pulled back into the driveway to investigate, and after turning it off it wouldn't crank.

Currently check engine light is one when power is on, and there is no cranks when the key is turned, just a click from the circuit box(driver side left).

Battery voltage seems good. I'm assuming it's a starter issue, but am unsure why I had trouble shifting. I'll take any advice on solutions. Thanks!!!

Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 07:54 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
sounds to me like the shifter cable rusted and bound up.. im guessing allison 2000 series.. and this may also be your No-crank.. there is a switch (either external on the side of the trans.. or on some internal in the trans). that needs the shifter lever to be truly in 'N' or the engine will be no crank no start.. I would start by investigating if the shifter linkage down at the trans is peoperly connected and free as to me its all interconnected as the no / crank no start and the trans issue
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 08:02 PM   #3

My scanner tells me Allison 1000PTS. Thank you for the quick response and advice! I'll follow up on my findings.
Old 10-01-2022, 11:44 PM   #4

Rusty shifter cable was right on the money. Thank you again for the advice!

It started right up when I manually adjusted the lever by the transition. I was able to shift into gear in the cabin bit it's still sticky. Would it be worth it to clean up the rust or should I just replace the cable?
Attached Thumbnails
Shiftercable 1.jpg   Shiftercable 2.jpg   Shiftercable 3.jpg   Shiftercable 4.jpg