So thanks to this forum I know there's free (level 1) servicemaxx software available for pre-2003 internationals, & I've already downloaded it from here
. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on putting together the rest of what I need (adapter, PC), & am unclear on a few points (bus: 2003 IC 3800 w/ t444e & Allison 2000):
1) The min system requirements list MS Vista or 7 as the required OS. Can anyone confirm or deny that later versions of windows (in particular Win10) are suitable as well w/o conflict?
2) According to the user manual linked to at the bottom of the above-referenced page, you must remove the Java Runtime Engine & replace w/ JRE 6, update 10 (page 6). Would this be a requirement with later windows versions (like 10?). If so, would this break 10, or even be possible?
3) The same user manual refers to a registration process that must be completed before the software is activated (also page 6). Is this the case with this version? Is this the 'Lite' version where this process is not required?
4) Is there any reason I'd want/need to run this in a VM, and/or prevent internet access?
5) I'm considering either the DG DPA 5 or Nexiq USB-Link 2. They're both at approximately the same price point. Is there anything putting one above the other?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!