Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2020, 05:33 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Crown by Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: 230 HP DT 466e/MT 643!
Rated Cap: 16
Christopher - I'm in Kerrville, TX for the winter....If you come to Dallas or Houston area, let me know and I'll meet you where you are - unless you want to make a trip to Kerrville! (1 hr West of San Antonio!)

Still waiting to hear about the Orion - I've got an email in to Bill...

Cheers!

John

johnbloem1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 09:13 PM   #22
Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444e
Rated Cap: 35
LOL STL is definitely not warm here now. And unfortunately I won't taking any trips myself till it warms up.
Gorzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 09:59 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

If your 1997 t444 was built before November then it is a 3 box (has 3 engine modules) and the International dealerships can’t get you a hp increase because Navistar (their corporate sponsor) no longer supports horsepower upgrades for 3 box engines. So, if you paid Rush to connect their computer, you’d be paying them for nothing. If your bus has 3 eng modules, your only option is 3rd party programming like what cadillackid is talking about. Just be aware that there is more than just programming to consider. Sometimes hard parts might need to be replaced (trans, clutch, injectors...) to support the higher hp/tq. Be sure you have all the facts before you let someone tune your eng. I’ve seen disaster stories.
More Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 06:32 AM   #24
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbloem1974 View Post
Christopher - I'm in Kerrville, TX for the winter....If you come to Dallas or Houston area, let me know and I'll meet you where you are - unless you want to make a trip to Kerrville! (1 hr West of San Antonio!)

Still waiting to hear about the Orion - I've got an email in to Bill...

Cheers!

John

I know he is busy. we arew working through initial bugs with the orion getting everything set up. (thus why beta).. im not sure if he has filled his pool or not.. i think he is starting small so if any major buigs are found its in a small initial group.
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 04:22 PM   #25
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
I trust the other thread will have updates. Those of us "just watching" would like to know how it is going.
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 11:04 AM   #26
Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444e
Rated Cap: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorzie View Post
I was wondering do you have to have the NEXIQ type device to translate to a PC? Or could you just plug the J1708 to usb directly. I have downloaded the servicemaxx software already.I am just wanting to boost my HP in my 1997 t444e and Rush trucking is the closest International dealer and they want hundreds just to hook up the computer. Sound a bit steep. Anyone near or going through or close to the St. Louis area that would be able to help boost my HP settings for a resonable price. I might just buy the clone since it will be useful in the future
Quote:
Originally Posted by More Power View Post
If your 1997 t444 was built before November then it is a 3 box (has 3 engine modules) and the International dealerships can’t get you a hp increase because Navistar (their corporate sponsor) no longer supports horsepower upgrades for 3 box engines. So, if you paid Rush to connect their computer, you’d be paying them for nothing. If your bus has 3 eng modules, your only option is 3rd party programming like what cadillackid is talking about. Just be aware that there is more than just programming to consider. Sometimes hard parts might need to be replaced (trans, clutch, injectors...) to support the higher hp/tq. Be sure you have all the facts before you let someone tune your eng. I’ve seen disaster stories.

I just had my state safety inspection done and the guy doing it checked and I have a speed limit set at 63MPH. Unfortunately his computer couldn't change it. But it was nice of him to try. I don't think he would have charged me if he could. So now if i can just get that limit removed or on increased. Still have not spent the money on Ali Express. Just bought new front tires so I need to save up some more money.
Gorzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 11:09 AM   #27
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
the "unofficial god mode" servicemaxx can change every and every parameter and it works.. regardless of the age.. not too long ago i bumped a 3 box system up from, 175 to 210 (they have an AT545 so didnt want to go higher)..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 02:03 PM   #28
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: 3000 / 33' Flat Nose
Engine: IC T444E / Allison MT643
Rated Cap: 72 Kids / 48 Adults
This is what I have. The guy who sells it is very helpful.

It works great with the free servicemaxx software.

https://www.my-grandview.com/store/p...w_USB_Kit.html
Old 06-03-2021, 06:45 PM   #29

Guys, thanks to your help I got an adapter j1708 for my skoolie that I have recently got from my od friend. I was sure that I won't find a good adapter on such a site, but when I searched for similar thread on this forum an found your answers all the doubts dissapeared. I am still waiting for my parcel and tracking it using this service.
DJpressmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:46 PM   #30

Guys, thanks to your help I got an adapter j1708 from aliexpress for my skoolie that I have recently bought from my old friend. I was sure that I won't find a good adapter on such a site, but when I searched for similar thread on this forum and found your answers all the doubts dissapeared. I am still waiting for my parcel from ali and tracking it using this service.
DJpressmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:17 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJpressmint View Post
Guys, thanks to your help I got an adapter j1708 from aliexpress for my skoolie that I have recently bought from my old friend. I was sure that I won't find a good adapter on such a site, but when I searched for similar thread on this forum and found your answers all the doubts dissapeared. I am still waiting for my parcel from ali and tracking it using this service.
Nice choice, dude! You will like it.
slawmilosh is offline   Reply With Quote