Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2016, 10:49 PM   #1
Skoolie

T444e head gasket

In preparation for pulling the head off the T444e next week to replace this failed lifter I have been trying to find a new head gasket without much luck. Most places either do not stock them, or refer me to the powerstroke gasket. I was under the impression that the powerstroke ran a different thickness of gasket and could not be used on the T444e. Am I wrong? Would I be able to run it for a few thousand miles to get it home?

deftone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:58 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
I don't have the answer but i was just wondering how you were and glad to hear of your plans. I wish you good luck!
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:39 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
the powerstroke does use a different head gasket... you may very well have to go to someone like an IHC dealer... IHC dealers can look the part up from the VIN of your bus.. I have found Rush Truck center in columbus ohio to be fantastic for parts for both of my busses..

NOTE: rush truck centers arent the IHC dealer in every city, but they are in many.. you may want to try calling various ones that would be along your route to going back to the bus ..

also to note is that the CAM in a T-444E is different than a ford, so the lifters may be also..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote