Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1995
Chassis: International 3600
Engine: T444E
T444E plenty of crank, no bark

T44E. Bus is in cold weather in CO. Drove one trip of 90 miles, parked for a few days. Started up in the morning, lots of white smoke. Let it warm up to about 120 on the scanguage-d and started to drive. Had low power, fuel pressure showed 8psi. (Running well bounces 40-60psi). Pulled over, figured fuel filter was gelling, let it warm up to 180F, drove it back the 90 miles all good, added some cetane booster anti gel stuff when I filled up. Parked for a few days, now its -5F outside, start up, idles 10ish minutes, gets to 80F, start to hear an injector being starved, fuel pressure drops, engine stalls. Won't start back up, crank and crank, sounds like no fuel. Decide to leave it for the temps to warm up, figure it has to be some bad diesel. 20F out, plug in block heater and heat the filter tower, scanguage shows 80F before starting. Cranks for 5 sec with a small cough. Crank again nothing. Once more and starts to bark then fires, fuel pressure good. Runs for about 15ish min, up to 130F, see that fuel pressure is around 23psi. Try to idle it higher hoping to pull more fuel through, but then start hearing starved injector then lose fuel pressure and it stalls. Crank to no avail, and now I'm posting here. Scanguage-d reads 253 and 110 codes. I dont know the best place to start here? New fuel filter 1500mi ago, and I have been able to start at -20F outside in WI no problem. I'll be going through grounds and harness connections in the daylight tomorrow. Maybe a camshaft position sensor? Thanks for the help.

simonsteve is offline   Reply With Quote