Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2020, 04:36 PM   #21
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weesew View Post
Hopefully there’s enough left to pull out. Only other issue to. Address is no turn signals or 4 ways. Working on that today , then getting on the oil tube tomorrow. Thanks again.
Somehow I missed this one (my tablet's browser likes Everlast and House of Pain apparently - "Jump Around"), but keep in mind that a lot of newer vehicles may or may not use one flasher for turn signals and four ways. Some use a separate flasher for either circuit.

CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:20 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thimas
Chassis: MVP
Engine: 3126 Cat
Rated Cap: 72
No, I drained the pan today and there was about 16-17 qts in the pan
Weesew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:31 PM   #23
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner FS-65
Engine: 7.2L Cat 3126 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 71 passenger 30,000 gvwr
Quote:
No, I drained the pan today and there was about 16-17 qts in the pan
Then unless you found contamination in the oil there's probably no "sudden wear" from running the engine low of oil...

The Murder Bus
banman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:13 PM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thimas
Chassis: MVP
Engine: 3126 Cat
Rated Cap: 72
It all seams to be fine. Pretty clean for a 140,000 mile motor. I spoke to the driver the bus was assigned to and he said the tube had been cracked for a while because the mounting bolt had came loose and the mechanic never fixed it. Told me it broke about a month ago. He had only driven the bus two Sunday’s to pick up kids since it broke. It ran fine on the 220 mile trip home. Water temp stayed right at 180 degrees and climbed to about 210 once when pulling a pretty steep grade, but cooled right down when descending. For an old bus, I think it will be fine.
Weesew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:31 PM   #25
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Quote:
It all seams to be fine. Pretty clean for a 140,000 mile motor. I spoke to the driver the bus was assigned to and he said the tube had been cracked for a while because the mounting bolt had came loose and the mechanic never fixed it. Told me it broke about a month ago. He had only driven the bus two Sunday’s to pick up kids since it broke. It ran fine on the 220 mile trip home. Water temp stayed right at 180 degrees and climbed to about 210 once when pulling a pretty steep grade, but cooled right down when descending. For an old bus, I think it will be fine.
I believe it was mentioned that the 3126 is fitted with several different old pans. Oil serves a cooling function as well as lubrication, so it is possible that a lower capacity pan could bump operating temperature up slightly... Larger capacity pans also serve to extend oil service life by slowing accumulation of dirt. Oil pan size can also be a factor in the dipstick assembly used, which is why I mentioned getting one for the specific serial number.
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote