Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2021, 11:55 AM   #1

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American
Engine: C7 CAT
Rated Cap: ?84?Big team bus or band
Will crank , no start ,no light...

Bear with me please I need to go into some details that happened. I went to start the bus one day and the ignition switch shorted and it wouldn't stop cranking wouldn't start either by the time I got back and unhooked the batteries I had burnt some wires now my wait to start light stays on and I have no light on my transmission selector panel or whatever it is this is a bluebird Pusher with a cat c7 and a 5-speed Allison transmission I should probably put that first this is my first time I'm a newbie I have no idea all my fuses on my circuit breakers I'll seem to be good but I have no power to this transmission selector I really need to get this bus going any help would be so greatly appreciated and again I apologize for the length

COBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 01:35 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
Welcome COBB.

did you replace the batteries? At least charge them?

And you did replace the "shorted" key-switch, correct?

What wires are "burnt"? The big cable (starter wire) or smaller ones? Where did they burn?
Old 09-26-2021, 01:03 PM   #3

Charged batts. First thing,replaced key switch with factory switch. From my starter there is a wire that has three coated wires inside of two of them go to the hot post on the starter the other one goes to the solenoid switch on the starter I replaced I took the solenoid wire off because when I hook the battery up I was still getting a spark I replaced that wire with a new wire run all the way to the front left the other two inside the coating and left them hooked up reattach the batteries with no spark still it cranks over will not start it will not start light will not go out and the thing will crank but won't start and the light on the transmission selector will not come on thanks for your reply appreciate it
Old 09-26-2021, 07:21 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB View Post
Charged batts. the light on the transmission selector will not come on thanks for your reply appreciate it
Do you have an MD3060 trans?
If yes and the push pads are dark then it will not start.

Have you check both fuses for the ECM and TCM .
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 03:03 AM   #5

Checked all fuses, mega fuse,checked all circuit breakers,swapped some relays around. I have no clue about trans type or model, all i kno is allison 5 speed regular looking selector pad,no light where it should show its in neutral at start up,i have researched and seems that without the light on selector pad the wait to start light wont go off and will not start because ECU does n9t know if its in the correct starting position.im in a real bind and at wits end dont know what to do . And another thing I took the selector pad apart to see if anything looked foul and nothing looked or smelled burnt. Can you tell me how to identify the transmission? ? Thanks for putting up with my ramblings and taking the time to try to help